5 good reasons for living in Kosovo

Hi,

if someone asks you the best reasons for making the choice to live and stay in Kosovo, what would be your top 5?

Thanks in advance for participating,

Julien

Dear Julien,

I am going to mention not 5 but 10 RIDICULOUS AND AWESOME REASONS YOU SHOULD GO TO KOSOVO :)

The balkans are not for everyone. Some people just can't hang with the lifestyle here, so I have devised a list of 10 considerations that would be a good litmus test for whether or not you may enjoy a trip to Kosovo.

1. You enjoy riding in Mercedes. In Kosovo, I can personally guarantee you can enjoy a ride whichever era Mercedes suits your personal style for very low prices- 2-3 euros. This experience can be yours. Luxury for the common man available in the Balkans.

2. Ugly architecture makes you swoon a little bit (or a lot – no judgement). You want to see some remarkably ugly buildings? Sometimes things are so ugly they become a masterpiece. Look no further, Prishtina the capital city has you covered.

3.You have a high alcohol tolerance or desire to develop one. The local raki can make an experienced imbiber have some second thoughts. At some point along the line it becomes delicious.

Just ask and I can point you to the unnamed restaurant in a back ally with all you can drink raki, wine and amazing food and a judgement free environment. Enter at your own risk.

New friends are just a Kosovo extra perk.
4. You would like to enjoy the park in your underwear and a hat made out of newspaper. No one is looking, feel free to be yourself in Kosovo.

5. You dream about meat products. If you dream about greasy meat products wrapped in filo dough – even better. You dream about meat product wrapped in filo dough at ridiculously low prices? What are you still doing wherever you are – get to Kosovo now!

If you are hungry, Byrek me Mish for breakfast is the answer? I am all over. You could be too.
6 & 7.The nightlife is Awesome!!

8. You enjoy spending long hours drinking coffee and gossiping in the sunshine in the presence of many old men doing the same thing. Cause lets be honest, there is not a ton to do here. This is a primary activity and it is golden. The coffee here will knock your socks off as a bonus.

9. You want to be able to smoke anywhere/anytime. I can mention also that it is ridiculous cheap to do so and there is a large selection of knock off name brand cigarettes available. (Don't worry Mom – I abstain!)

10. You want to try energy drinks that for sure are illegal elsewhere. A potent cocktail of chemicals never hurt anybody, what are you waiting for?

If any of the 10 sound good to you I strongly encourage you to make a trip to Kosovo.  While these are not the main highlights I do feel like they provide an accurate benchmark for whether or not you can truly get into the balkans spirit.

[Moderated: Off topic.]