5 good reasons for living in Ethiopia

Hi,

if someone asks you the best reasons for making the choice to live and stay in Ethiopia, what would be your top 5?

Thanks in advance for participating,

Julien

1 - Cheap, cheap, cheap everything...
2 - Great people.
3 - Great places to visit all over the country.
4 - Thriving expat community.
5 - The laid back lifestyle.

My reason. Every couple hundred years or so; there is a Power Shift on the planet: meaning peoples priorities change. The Priorities are changing. This place (USA); like its competitor (the ussr); is arriving at its end. This is called 'Forsight in the Diaspora'

I have always been fascinated by the olde world sort of way things are here but chronologically I would list the following:
1. Great history within the African context and the rich tapestry of cultural heritage
2. Bureaucracy perfected to an absolute level - it is fun to go thru it and survive to narrate the tale
3. Living the natural way - why would Danes gather berries in summer and spent time in the outdoors?
4. Vibrant and rich languages which linguistically has no correlation with anything on the continent
5. Beautiful women contrasting the beautiful landscape marred by imported flora

Hi, I would be coming to Ethiopia by end fo Nov 2012, for about 6 months. Can you say the dos & don't of an expat coming to Ethiopia... What are the must see places in Ethiopia?

Cheers,

Thomas

1: Safety
2: Food cost
3: The weather
4: Business opportunity
5: Go to Ethiopia you are guaranteed exotic new surroundings!

Wonderful ! That has made me resolve to settle down in Ethiopia..

[Moderated]

My top 5 reasons are:
1.Life is not more expensive
2.The culture is friendly
3.The environment is human friendly
4.Many things are natural
5.It is the initial home of human kind

That is all what i have.

Greetings, Brother!

I thought I was the only one feeling this way....I live in Tampa, FL and I am planning to move to Ethiopia.  Please keep in touch.

OneLove,
Cherise

I was staying in Clearwater.  I came north for a moment; I am returning in about 50 days, then leaving.  I have been to Addis Ababa three times now; have you visited the place yet