5 good reasons for living in Ecuador

Hi,

if someone asks you the best reasons for making the choice to live and stay in Ecuador, what would be your top 5?

Thanks in advance for participating,

Julien

1) healthy and relaxed lifestyle
2) great value investments market
3) best weather
4) friendly, warm, down to earth locals
5) easy permanent residency process

1) Great Value
2) Ease and low cost of getting your Permanent Residency Visa
3) Excellent beaches, with great weather
4) Local population that welcomes Expats
5) Growing economy with many business opportunities.

Things I like:
1. Quality of life.
2. Weather
3. Ease of eating healthy.
4. Benefits to those over 65.
5. USD currency.

Things I find frustrating:
1.Bureaucracy.
2.Cost and quality of local transportation.
3.Lack of opportunities for all.
4.Traffic (Quito).
5.My golf game.

1. plenty of organic food, abundant organic chocolate makers
2. No Chem Trails, real skies of blue, no radiation
3. the people ( adventurous courageous extranjeros and sweet locals)
4. The Constitution for Nature's rights
5. Nature /Pachamama

Mama Kuichi wrote:

1. plenty of organic food, abundant organic chocolate makers

Mama, not to be too cynical, however I have a hard time accepting product claims especially regarding “organic”. If a merchant can increase prices 3-5% by claiming a product is organic, I believe they will. I have the same concern about the quality of prescription medications sold locally.

yes I am aware of this problem, but I am not talking about taking things at face value.  I GO TO THE FARMS, my friends who have been here long time grow lot's of organic food, my other expat friends test, certify  and source their Amazon products, for export and produce organic coco paste, powder, chocolate nibs, coco beans, palm sugar, jungle nuts, golden berries, etc , produce organic spirulina at their own facilitues, superfoods,  we go to the jungle for Saacha Inchi, and organic honey from Chinchipe.  Believe me I know what I eat or I don't eat it. Our cows on the property  produce our raw milk and i make yogourt.  I brought seeds, there is a seed exchange here,  and we have sourced organic orchards of citrus, avocado, cheramoya, and other exotic fruits on peoples land. Yes misrepresentations are also a problem.  Simple, we have a choice to believe claims, or to buy from investigation.

1. The weather: except for the rainy season
2. The beaches: no exceptions
3. The mountains: except for the roads, but, Oh, those views!
4. The food: fish, shrimp, lobster, crabs, beef, bread, vegetables and fruit.  The variety and the cost.
5. The people: with exceptions, they are friendly to a fault, warm, outgoing, helpful, beautiful, unless they are driving a car, truck, motorcycle or even a bicycle!

Several nice people from North America, have written to me since I posted  above, asking for more information about living in Ecuador.  I will answer with a post and/or personal email as soon as I have the time.   I am getting ready to launch/write an Ecuador Journal of Love stories with the Pachamana that  will offer a unique perspective of this precious environment and  pioneering in this new territory with respect and awe.  And of course commonsense and avoiding costly mistakes. I will not be selling tours, real estate, or much else, but simply offering insights gained here, while exercising my desire to write. Meanwhile I suspect everyone has different reasons for exploring this option, and I believe clarity of intention  will pave the most fruitful path to resettlement. And it is the best decision I could have made.

I am with you  Mama in everything from the human values to the lifestyle. Very well put. The world need more people like you! :)

Gracias