5 good reasons for living in Saint Lucia

Hi,

if someone asks you the best reasons for making the choice to live and stay in Saint Lucia, what would be your top 5?

Thanks in advance for participating,

Julien

Hi Jul,

You work too much ... and you get me worried ... :lol:

My five top reasons for living in SLU are as follows:

1st reason is my secret.  Exposing it here will not help expat job seekers who make the largest group here. It has to do with qualities of leaders of society and top achievers which those destined to win must discover by themselves, NOT by me revealing it here.

2nd reason is that SLU is free, stable and democratic.  More countries of the world would be better off if they were like ST. LUCIA.
There are more opportunities here than in USA.

3rd reason: SLU is an English-speaking island, language which I speak.

4th reason: island mystique and adventure.

Three sub-reasons:
St. Lucia ranked #11 out of 178 countries a few years back on the Happy Planet Index at www.happyplanetindex.org

St. Lucia ranked #1 at freedom of press among Caribbean nations, and #13 in the world ahead of ... USA and many other countries which claim to be free but in fact are doing a lip service to freedom.  http://www.freedomhouse.org/report/free … 5/st-lucia

SLU is the last country in the Caribbean to introduce VAT in 2012. Yes, this is an advantage. :/

5th reason: sunny weather year-round. :cool:
For four months a year, from Nov. until Feb., when I see on TV what happens to people in the snow, I get a feeling of satisfaction and great personal achievement: I escaped to sunshine. :lol:

Now how about you: what are your five good reasons for living in Mauritius?

John C. wrote:

Hey John, dont you know that Julien is the founder of this blog and he is asking questions just to help other members:/

mal wrote:
John C. wrote:

Hey John, dont you know that Julien is the founder of this blog and he is asking questions just to help other members:/

Hello sweetheart, :)

Sure I know Julien is the founder & owner of this forum.  He is my friend.  Many people who look for jobs overseas in this forum can learn from him so they could stop chasing wild goose around the world and start their business.

JULIEN IS A SUCCESSFUL EXPAT.  Is success not what people want?
(Oh, my, I forgot: job hunters want jobs, not success).:P

Julien overworks himself to death ... :mad:  It's better to leave expats to ask their questions here and if the question is good, other expat(s) will answer.

Remember: Julien too had reasons to leave Paris and five reasons for living in Mauritius.  Mind you, Paris the beautiful city where most people in Mauritius want to go to ... :lol: