5 good reasons for living in Oman

Hi,

if someone asks you the best reasons for making the choice to live and stay in Oman, what would be your top 5?

Thanks in advance for participating,

Julien

I do not often post, but here goes:

1.  The country is simply stunningly beautiful, and I have still have to explore much of it.

2.  The Omanis are the friendliest people I have met yet, the complete opposite of their neighbours to the south-west.

3.  Muscat (and most other cities I have been to) is clean.

4.  The Royal Opera House.  Where else in the world have you seen something so magnificent?

5.  Everything works and services are efficient.

6.  Sorry, had to add this:  I cannot earn in my own country what I earn here.

My personal top 5 reasons for working and living in Oman for over 15 years now – coming straight from my heart :

1. The money is good, (100% tax free too !),

2. No power cuts; superb roads; clean air, water and surroundings,

3. Quality of life is excellent (largely on account of the above),

4. Locals are by and large courteous, generally polite and well-behaved, and

5. Work challenges are not so demanding.

Julien, having asked for the top 5 pros, you should also find out about the top 5 cons !

Hey Julien!

1- it is sunny nearly every day, you not get that in Northen Scotland where I am from.
2- you can earn good money and afford maids, gardeners etc
3- the locals are very friendly and helpful, especially if you greet them in Arabic.
4- the snorkelling & diving is amazing!
5- I feel safe which is rare for me :-)

Omani Business people doesn't know who is good in business and most the time they will lose good people and who is having efficency they will not work with bad management...Most of the efficent expat leaving oman for this basic reason...and as you know if you dont have good management people company will suffer ...