Anyone upgraded to IOS 6

Hi,
I upgraded my iPhone to IOS 6 and the first problem is with the maps. I can no longer get driving direction using Apple maps.
any one have such issue ?

yeah, the new maps suck....bad.
i looked at them and immediately on my ipad, and was glad i have an android device now

Fix it like: http://howto.cnet.com/8301-11310_39-575 … ?ttag=fbwp

As for me, there is nothing so convincing to upgrade to ios6.

siddig wrote:

Hi,
I upgraded my iPhone to IOS 6 and the first problem is with the maps. I can no longer get driving direction using Apple maps.

Navigation is supported for iphone 4S, iPhone 5 and new iPad only. Maps are not as good as google maps and there is nil else of significance in this update. Probably better to stay with iOS 5.

Apple is aware of problem
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-19672981

siddig wrote:

Hi,

yep man, people all ova the world are not happy with the maps. Apple is aware of it. Google has submitted google maps app to apple for approval so as soon as its there youc an download it from app store.

The apple maps are just good to watch (because of 3d factor which is mind blowing) but it has severe flaws..

Apple should keep good terms with Google.

TheLegendLeads wrote:

Fix it like: http://howto.cnet.com/8301-11310_39-575 … ?ttag=fbwp

As for me, there is nothing so convincing to upgrade to ios6.

Except for maps, its a good move specially with FB tigheted up and esp i see my iphone working faster now. They've done some pretty good things but maps are disaster.

Yeah,

I just discovered the same problem. I am using an iPhone 4G. If I get any other info I will post.

Noddy

So far, i can get my hands on with iOS6 on my new iPad more conviniently because of:-
1)Siri (can easily understand my typical asian accent;))
2)Facebook integration with the calenders, its easy to keep an eye on your social circle and the upcoming b'days of your loved onces.
3)3D maps, an excellent overview (never needed google maps before, and even now, do not require it)
4)Multiple pictures and video attachments in the email (was badly missing before)
5)App Store with a new longitudinal view and the app can be downloaded while you are browsing the other apps (before you had to restart App store)
6)DO NOT DISTURB option is a good change.
7)In emails, you can add the important recipients under the list of VIP's so if you recieve an email from your Boss, an intimatino is popped up with a unique ring tone. A good feature i must say.
8)The new clock design (same as swiss clocks)

and the best one is THE iMessage option, now you dont need even the WHATSAPP messenger, people who have upgraded to iOS 6 can easily use the same features of whatsapp by sending texts,pictures,videos,locations over wifi or 4G..

Infact, iOS6 is more convinient with the lovely touch of the new iPad:)

adnanhashmi wrote:

So far, i can get my hands on with iOS6 on my new iPad more conviniently because of:-
1)Siri (can easily understand my typical asian accent;))
2)Facebook integration with the calenders, its easy to keep an eye on your social circle and the upcoming b'days of your loved onces.
3)3D maps, an excellent overview (never needed google maps before, and even now, do not require it)
4)Multiple pictures and video attachments in the email (was badly missing before)
5)App Store with a new longitudinal view and the app can be downloaded while you are browsing the other apps (before you had to restart App store)
6)DO NOT DISTURB option is a good change.
7)In emails, you can add the important recipients under the list of VIP's so if you recieve an email from your Boss, an intimatino is popped up with a unique ring tone. A good feature i must say.
8)The new clock design (same as swiss clocks)

and the best one is THE iMessage option, now you dont need even the WHATSAPP messenger, people who have upgraded to iOS 6 can easily use the same features of whatsapp by sending texts,pictures,videos,locations over wifi or 4G..

Infact, iOS6 is more convinient with the lovely touch of the new iPad:)

Very well described bro, defintiely ios 6 is worth upgrading. I have already.

but whats app keeps cross platform communication

Freshlikesushi wrote:

but whats app keeps cross platform communication

yea right, but for that you have to open sep app not through your usual messages inbox.. so this is the best part.

the number of ios users in saudi isnt really that high.

Freshlikesushi wrote:

the number of ios users in saudi isnt really that high.

By this feature you can only chat with IOS users in Saudi only?

only IOS users have Imessenger

its like BBm....but i think more people use BBM than Imessenger in Saudi hahah.

what im saying. is a feature that is extremely niche, isnt really a feature. its just another competing thing that.

Whatsapp is so popular because it works across everything.  and really? the .03 seconds it takes to basically automatically open the app is too long?

come on.

Freshlikesushi wrote:

only IOS users have Imessenger

its like BBm....but i think more people use BBM than Imessenger in Saudi hahah.

what im saying. is a feature that is extremely niche, isnt really a feature. its just another competing thing that.

Whatsapp is so popular because it works across everything.  and really? the .03 seconds it takes to basically automatically open the app is too long?

come on.

Ofcourse it cannot compete with whatsapp being cross platform as you said.
But someone whom you text quite freq, if have the Ios device Iphone/Ipad its much easier to use the message app than whatsapp.

not really.

it is the same thing
you get the message, hit ok and it opens imessenger and you reply

same thing happens with whatsapp

and yes, i have an iOS6 device.

Freshlikesushi wrote:

not really.

it is the same thing
you get the message, hit ok and it opens imessenger and you reply

same thing happens with whatsapp

and yes, i have an iOS6 device.

Let me try using the Imessag feature and see how well it works and whether is a better alternative or not

im not arguing if it is good for you.

im just saying there is no functional difference as you say there is in the operation of both apps from when you get a message.

Now talk about facebook posting? sure, ill agree. the homescreen posting is pretty cool

Freshlikesushi wrote:

im not arguing if it is good for you.

im just saying there is no functional difference as you say there is in the operation of both apps from when you get a message.

Now talk about facebook posting? sure, ill agree. the homescreen posting is pretty cool

I value your opinion, but frankly havent used that feature so if I argue with you, it will be premature.

Yea FB posting is an awesome feature but em upset with google maps removal..

you can make a shortcut to google maps web based easy peasy and just use that.

Freshlikesushi wrote:

you can make a shortcut to google maps web based easy peasy and just use that.

Yeah, I have already done that but thats kind of a tweak.. the performance is not too good with operating with the browser. Planning to get tomtom as will be going to Dubai during Eid holdiays.

iOS 6 upgarde on iPhone 4 has resulted in significantly poor battery life. Any suggestions for improvement.

RehabDoctor wrote:

iOS 6 upgarde on iPhone 4 has resulted in significantly poor battery life. Any suggestions for improvement.

Yes roll back to 5 and wait for Apple to fix the problem.  If you look on the web there are major issues with the IOS6 release! Not just with the battery but maps etc.

Martin Fin wrote:
RehabDoctor wrote:

Yes roll back to 5 and wait for Apple to fix the problem.  If you look on the web there are major issues with the IOS6 release! Not just with the battery but maps etc.

Thanks Martin probably this is only option at present.

also try turning your wifi off and back on again - apple have said to me that it can use a lot of battery hunting for a wifi connection

RehabDoctor wrote:

I upgraded as well on my iPhone 4, I don't have problem with the battery life though, but have weird issues, sometimes 3G would not work even if I keep it open the whole day and then need to restart it. Appstore will take an hour to load, Maps suck, but I never really used the google one as well for anything so doesn't matter.

The one good thing is 'do not disturb'. Love that feature. But overall, the user experience is Apple's differentiating factor, and normally don't expect that they are releasing stuff that's not vastly tested or improved.

Yo guys, don't worry, Google is making an app for their maps support in Iphone 5 :P

DragonKid wrote:

Yo guys, don't worry, Google is making an app for their maps support in Iphone 5 :P

All well and good but doesn't solve the battery issue!

1maxboss wrote:

also try turning your wifi off and back on again - apple have said to me that it can use a lot of battery hunting for a wifi connection

Thanks, i normally use WiFi at home only.

slyshooter wrote:
RehabDoctor wrote:

I upgraded as well on my iPhone 4, I don't have problem with the battery life though, but have weird issues, sometimes 3G would not work even if I keep it open the whole day and then need to restart it. Appstore will take an hour to load, Maps suck, but I never really used the google one as well for anything so doesn't matter.

The one good thing is 'do not disturb'. Love that feature. But overall, the user experience is Apple's differentiating factor, and normally don't expect that they are releasing stuff that's not vastly tested or improved.

I am also having trouble with Apps store, i was trying to reinstall whatsapp and kept on getting message can't connect to itunes/apps store.

Like iOS 5 apple will need to release a update soon.

RehabDoctor wrote:

There was something on one of the web sites about Whatsapp and the new iOS6 messenger replacing it or something have a a bit of a search on google.

RehabDoctor wrote:

Urgent indeed

Guys bad news is that google maps are not goin to be released soon infact google is working on it and they will add flyover feature as well.
So google maps is months away :((
Which is bad..

Em goin to dubai during eid holidays by car and for surr have to buy tomtom :)

Martin Fin wrote:
RehabDoctor wrote:

There was something on one of the web sites about Whatsapp and the new iOS6 messenger replacing it or something have a a bit of a search on google.

It is working for now.

RehabDoctor wrote:
slyshooter wrote:
RehabDoctor wrote:

I am also having trouble with Apps store, i was trying to reinstall whatsapp and kept on getting message can't connect to itunes/apps store.

For me app store is running v smoothly and i really like it.
However, at times suddenly wifi is dconne ted and then i have to turn it off and back on to make it work this is v annoying.

Hope apple realize all these problems and gv us a fix asap.

If they dont before galaxy s4 launch in february apple will loose more market share..

Turning off location services has helped, battery life is better then before. Still needs a fix.

I use an app called Satnav 2 or GPS Navigation 2. It's easy to find on the app store, relatively cheap to purchase maps for most countries including all GCC - you can buy the world but only store the ones you need at any one time on your phone. It gives turn by turn voice instructions and has most of the usual satnav features. The maps and the interface are not as elegant as google maps but they get the job done at a fraction of the cost of buying a separate satnav device. Look at the reviews etc on the app store.

Apple has accepted problem with maps.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-19760978