Summer school

Hi, new member here. I'm VN, born in Saigon, but lived all my life in USA. I've returned to HCMC & Hanoi for 3 trips so far, all during TET 2009,2010,2011. i love HCMC so much that I will return this summer, 2013 for a month.

I'm taking my 17 yr old son w/ me. Is there a summer school program like those in the USA where i can enroll him during the day so that he can be around other high school teenagers? Doesn't have to be an all VN school, could be a school for abroad students. Son speaks and writes fluent english , knows basic spanish. That's it.

We have an apt at 91 Nguen Huu Canh street. So we're looking for a summer school program nearby there that can accomodate us for June 1 -30?

I think VN summer vacation is over now, and fall school term is running.

correct, summer vacation is over now.

I'm looking for enrollment for June, 2013, which is during summer time, and during our summer vacation.;)

There are a few schools that run summer options. They usually advertise in the classifieds of many web sites.

There are also summer camps that last a week or so - again advertised.

The other activity I noticed this year was a swimming training class run at one of the schools.

Money is fairly high, as are most things at these schools. If you search for "Micahel Belmes" (in quotation marks), on Google, he is the guy who teaches swimming.

I think I saw him posting either on An Phu Groups (Google)(membership) 0r PhuMyHung Neighbours Group (membership - say you've moved in to the area).

I put your name in my database and will post you if I see anything.

One school I think runs summer vacation activities is the Canadian International School.

i remembered seeing a high school in phu my hung called the Ting School? It may be a bit far, but it could work for us, assuming that this school offers summer enrollment.

Yes Phu My Hung has summer school .
You might rent an apartment in P.M.Hung it's same price in D1 . There are big mall with cinemas ; coffee shops ; restaurants ...and very tranquil with lake .
If not you can take bus everyday from Nguyen Canh Chan to Ben Thanh market and then get bus to P.M.Hung . Four thousands dong for one ticket . But bus doesn't work after 7 PM 

MyLan