Relocation to Poland from..

Hi Friends,

I am having an option to relocate to warsaw.At Present i am in India.Need some expert opinion on this move.

1. The major expense is Education in International schools in warsaw OR is there's any other alternative other than Intl schools for kids 6years with english curriculum.
2. if so, what will be the education expense for both private and the alternate?
2. With moderate lifestyle what would be the monthly expense for a family of 3 (Husband, Wife + Kid).

Thanks for advice.
Anand

Hi Anand,

Let's start on school fee. If you send your kid to a private school it will cost you about 1000 pln and more monthly. You do not pay for a public education but .... your kid will have a hard time with no sense of local language.
I do not know what kind of life style you represent so I can not help you much.
However, i guess that 1500 to 2000 pln monthly is enough for groceries. Alc. and leisures not included. Food is actually still quit cheap in PL when you compare the prices in EU. However, even in Sweden I pay relatively little because I shop in discounts or in a cheap market which is nearest to my flat.
Fuel costs same almost everywhere in Europe.
Renting a flat is something between 2000 pln (plus bills) and more in a larger city for 2 or 3 rooms.
Single buss ticket is about 3 pln in Warsaw and Wroclaw. Monthly one is a cost of 80 to 120 pln.

Hanging out will not ruin your pocket. Beer and other drinks are quite cheap. Coffe in town cost about 8 to 12 pln, and beer something around 6-8. Good Polish vodka in grocery costs you about 25-30 pln per half litre. Restaurants, on the other hand, do not serve 'happy hours' food like here in Sweden, where I live now. However, fast food is about 30 per cent cheaper than in rest of EU. Cinema costs about 20 pln for ticket. Ticket to museums may vary but there are days free of charge or in 'worst' case ;) you will pay about 10 pln per person. Discounss for kids and students apply.

I guess, you need to earn minimum 7,000 pln if you plan to live in Warsaw. I say minimum, but the optimal amount starts at 10,000 pln if you send your kid to a private school, rent a flat, tank your car and eat healthy - for 3 people. Anyway - it is still quite 'economic class'.

Have a nice and soft landing in PL :)

Hi,

Thanks for your kind & caring reply.

I am not much worried about the groceries, rent or other expenses.... i thing it seems to be reasaonable.
But i am very much looking for my daughter's schooling.
Can you please help me by providing some more informations regarding my daughter's schooling. I mean can you provide me information about some private school's who charge reasaonably/less & providing some decent/normal education in Warsaw or Piaseczno or nearby around. My office is in between warsaw & Piaseczno.

Please help/suggest me!

Thanks in Advance.

hi,

I don't know about the kids stuff, but a moderate lifestyle (not much eating out etc.)  would be about 2,000 zł per month for renting in a decent part of town, then about 3000 zł/month for food etc. and add in the fact that you're coming just before winter so you willhave to buy warm clothes, quilts etc. -- another 1 or 2000.

red.onion wrote:

Hanging out will not ruin your pocket. Beer and other drinks are quite cheap. Coffe in town cost about 8 to 12 pln,

:) hi red, you're comparing Poland to Sweden, but for us Indians Poland is expensive :)

dak_anand wrote:

Hi,
My office is in between warsaw & Piaseczno.

Ok, Piaseczno is outside Warsaw -- where is your office located exactly?  you can choose to live in Jozefslaw, go to gumtree.pl -- but you will need someone to help you translate.  Get someone from your office, HR to help.  you can live in Kabaty or Imielin -- nice areas, but I have no idea how you would be able to commute there.  Public transport in Warsaw is good though

Deepfern wrote:
red.onion wrote:

Hanging out will not ruin your pocket. Beer and other drinks are quite cheap. Coffe in town cost about 8 to 12 pln,

:) hi red, you're comparing Poland to Sweden, but for us Indians Poland is expensive :)

I understand what you mean. I do not compare Swedish prices but, in general, European prices. I know that people in India earn less in general, but it is followed by different costs of living, different lifestyles and so on. Once an emploee is relocated to another country with a help of the company - he/she will earn much more comparing salary levels in the country od origin and in the new one. What I observe is that professional Indians climb very well on a career ladder and they belong to the group better paid than other nations :)

Couple ears ago I lived in Wroclaw. Earned about 3200 pln. Room cost me 500 to 800 pln, food about 500, clothes and other goodies - don't ask ;). It was enough for me to live but not enough to apply a mortgage.

dak_anand wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for your kind & caring reply.

I am not much worried about the groceries, rent or other expenses.... i thing it seems to be reasaonable.
But i am very much looking for my daughter's schooling.
Can you please help me by providing some more informations regarding my daughter's schooling. I mean can you provide me information about some private school's who charge reasaonably/less & providing some decent/normal education in Warsaw or Piaseczno or nearby around. My office is in between warsaw & Piaseczno.

Please help/suggest me!

Thanks in Advance.

You are welcome :)

I will look for private schools in Piaseczno or Konstancin. These districts belong to the most expensive ones and grocery prices may be higher even than in Norway.... However, when it comes to shopping, having a car, there is no problem to do it in center of Warsaw.

Here you have a list of private schools with French/English/German as a leading language :)http://www.rentbuyestates.pl/istotne-adresy.html

Some vocabulary
'Szkoly miedzynarodowe' - international schools
'przedszkola' - kindergartens
'szkola podstawowa' primary school
'liceum' - high school
'niemiecki' - German
'angielski/brytyjski/anglojezyczny' - Brittish language school
'francuski' - French
'kanadyjski' - Canadian
'amerykanski' - American

The last letter in every Polish word is changing due to weather, time of the day or daily coffe intake - as my Swedish husband jokes.So, just do not feel missled by some kind of changes in the end of the Polish word.
You can go throug every link under the contact details anch check every school. The list does not include all the international schools in Warsaw, however all the schools are located close to you.

Have you any more questions, let me know. I will gladly help you ö

About prices
Montessori kindergarten costs about 1000 pln per month
American School of Warsaw - it looks as the monthly fee is about 3000 pln and more, here you have prices for new students http://www.aswarsaw.org/admissions/appl … index.aspx
Brittish school - even more expensive than American - http://www.nordanglia.com/warsaw/admiss … -fees.html
Canadian school cost quite reasonable and it is open for different cultures and religions. http://www.canadian-school.pl/en/enroll … ntary/fees

You shall look in similar topic just below where somebody gives some tips about 2 or 3 schools where Indian children attends. I guess that it is definitely better to get some tips from other Indians since you probably want your kids to have easier to find friends with a similar background and mother tongue :)