Oktoberfest in Munich - Who's going? b/c I AM!!!

Hey everyone,

As I am sure, everyone knows, Oktoberfest is here... in 2 days!!  I am going up to Munich with my boyfriend, and 2 of my friends.  It would be awesome to meet up with some of you there! 

Let me know if you are up for it!

You'll have to let me know how it is! We've only ever gone to the Stuttgart one!

Yes I will let you know S&S :)  I have pretty high expectations!

I heard the same about October fest in Munich. It is awesome. However, I will go to the one in Stuttgart :)

Alright, here is the scoop on Oktoberfest-Munich.  First, it's A LOT bigger than the one here in Stuttgart - BUT, a TON of tourists.  I mean, I didn't run into 1 person that was not Brittish or American.   The tents are impossible to get into, even with pre-paid wrist bands.   Luckily we were able to bribe the door guy, w/o wrist bands and got in.   The service in the tents is SCARY quick.  I have no idea how they do that.  Now with that said - it was WAY too crowded.  I mean, you are reading a post from a girl that crams herself into top clubs in Vegas for New Years, and THIS was crowded.  So crowded you have no say in what direction you go in, since you are getting smooshed to DEATH, you literally get caught in a wave of people and end up really really far away from where you wanted to go in the first place, and you do it while being squeezed.    I am really really really glad I went, BUT - I don't think I will go again to the one in Munich.   I couldn't find a place that sold beer or any kind of shots NOT in a tent.  I couldn't find any places to sit and eat - which is why we all got SO wasted, other than in a tent.  We stayed in the tent for about 4 hours, since it was pouring outside, but - it would have been cool to be able to walk around a bit, and see the grounds... but common' you are at Oktoberfest, you want to drink, eat... blah blah - and you just can't do that outside the tent.   So, if you want to tent hop - you can't do that either, since there was about a 4 hour wait at EACH one...

Again - glad I did it, but I am really looking forward to the one in Stuttgart.  See you guys there!

For me the reason to go to Stuttgart is that I live in Karlsruhe which is close and also I am accompanying my friends so this time Stuttgart is selected :) take some pics of the fest plz and share with us :)

Yeah, I've heard the same stories from other who went to Munich. I love the Stuttgart fest and it's WAY less crowder. It's the same thing but at a smaller scale and not full of tourists, which is really nice! :-)

yes, less people on these kind of fests sometimes makes life much easier :)

Hi all...
I just wanted to add my little experience of Oktoberfest... Firstly, going on the first weekend (and as you said pouring with rain, I am guessing first day) Yes it is absolutely packed!!! I went for a while on Sunday evening and had a blast. Yes, probably having a Munich born girlfriend probably helped me out, but we walked straight into one of the smaller tents and got seats immediately. Food was also quite easy to get. There is a large Biergarten for those who don't like the tent lifestyle and also a wine tent for those who don't want to get smashed on the beer.

Yes there are a LOT of tourists, but also lots of locals there as well.... MOST of them are pretty good, although as always there are some that just make idiots of themselves.

So in short, I think if you get nice weather and go a bit later, I think you will have a much better time of it. Also, you at least have to give it a go once, just to experience the atmosphere.... I had a great time....   ;)

Sugar And Spice wrote:

You'll have to let me know how it is! We've only ever gone to the Stuttgart one!

[Moderated: :offtopic:]