Considering a job offer in Prague

Hello gentle expats:
I plan to accept a job offer to live in Prague in the next few months.  I would like to make friends to hear what it is really like living in this beautiful city. I like to photograph medieval architecture.

Hello sonnySF.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Aurélie

Thank you Aurelie!

Hi Sonny,

there're plenty of buildings, castles and alleys that you'll love to photograph, both in Prague and surroundings. Living in Prague is pretty much the same thing as in any other European city, don't expect to see dragons flying over the roofs :)

There's occasional expat meet ups in Prague, watch the forum or even suggest date & place yourself and I am sure someone will show up.

If you have any specific questions regarding life in Prague, go ahead and ask. What may interest you: the cost of living is probably lower than in San Francisco (haven't been there tho, can't tell for sure). Unlike Americans or Ozzies, Czech people are generally less "open" to strangers but don't let yourself discouraged, it will get better once you get to know them.

Jirka

If it's a limited term assignment with a good salary go for it.

If it involves long term commitment and doing direct business in CZ, consider carefully. Prague/CZ is not as cheap/easy/fun as in previous years.

Hi I am from Prague, married abroad for decades, and I like to stay in touch. It is a very nice ciy, almost polluted by tourists, but it is still OK. Excellent transportation, you do not need any car. Hint: Rather ask for METRO or TRAMWAY than for the train within Prague or people will send you to the train station expecting you get out of the city, although everybody is willing to be nice and help you.
The rest of the country is nice as well, much less expensive, but people are less skilled in speaking English to tourists.
Feel free to contact me SMS on +7809353778.

Hi everybody)) I plan to move in a few months so I hope to see you there)))