Mayo_Want to meet and make new friends in Almaty

Hello,
I have recently come to almaty. And am so eager to learn russian to interact with Almaty people. I love making friends.

Any resident/expat want to be friend, please contact. Also, if you wish to learn English, I will definitely help ( as much good as I know). That's what friends are for.

I am open to invitations for hiking, treking, adventures, bike rides and car tours. Please, forgive me for not being a foodie, I still think my taste buds have not grown fully.

Working in week, free on weekends for everything.

Hi  mayankgaur !

Welcome to Expat.com!

Armand

Hi buddy,

U are from mauritious. grt. so hows u?

Recently I arrived in Almaty, and thanks to my two colleagues, I have been going for evening walks down from Al Farabi road to some point ahead of Alma store, beside the water stream.

Its fun place for a walk, people sitting on benches and wherever they wish for, dogs taking their owners out for a walk and making them huff an puff , so that they get energy, old ladies loving the smell of time passing by, young boys running around and gentleman making the best use of their jogging shoes. I specially like the cold breeze passing by during evening.

I wish I could see some music lovers or graffiti lovers along the walk way. They break the monotony of life. Would love to experience russian/kazak music.

there are some graffiti's on the slopes, but when do they do it is the question. I would love to explore my creativity.

And special credit to beautiful faces during this one hour evening walk, it really freshens up my mind, specially, when there is not much to do at home except internet and tv, and some talk back to India.

guys, do make a plan if you would like to this place, and lets see if I can entertain you.

By the way, my friends made me eat shashliq beside the stream , just in front of Alma store, and it tasted good ( I have just began chicken eating), and after 4th bite, it was nothing special. the taste all dried up, until I tried eating last one piece with some liquid thing from a bottle placed on the table, and it tasted a bit nice. Do try, however tht person charges 400Tenge per stick. So beware.

Hello,

Its my fourth consecutive day today for evening walk. Cool breeze, and nice weather. Was in doubt whether I should continue wearing my shorts or wear something substantial on my legs. But, i just went with my shorts.

For your information I carry a waist pouch and not wallet to carry my passport. Today was an interesting evening. While walking from opposite side of the newly build yet to complete mall on al farabi road, while my friend was talking on his cellphone, I got a glimpse of Police car approaching towards us on side ways. I saw 3 men inside, talking, one almost eager to come out of window to catch hold of us. However, we were on footpath very far from road, so may be they were in double mind. Went ahead, stopped at a junction, reversed a bit, and suddenly went ahead, away and gone. Strange.

Meanwhile, i was having a look at them from side of my specs, and still not turning face towards them as if didn't care even if they stopped.

Other than this incident, just having lots of pain in my bones below knees on sides, while walking. My earlier job has made my bones lazy and they just hate walking. However, I did took most out of them and finished our daily routine. Or may be this was due to an accident a few years ago in my left knee, tht was responsible. However, the walk was good, got a small stare from few 'beautiful faces' and replied with same to them. I don't know if these were due to the shorts i was wearing, and exposing more skin then the locals, specially the 'beautiful faces'. But yes, i did enjoy whatever the attention.

Football available in Alma store for 1800 tenge and some tempting chocolates were making my pocket lighter by around 200-300 Tenge.   I was in mood of trying out something, so bought a small single muffin with icing-like-stuffing for 48 tenge, and a pack of cherry flavored soft cookies for 160 tenge. ( still reached to 200 tenge, now i am thinking, why didn't i buy the chocs, stupid me).

Now back home, sitting and enjoying the UEFA champions league highlights.

good night

Well, sorry guys for no postings in last couple of days.

Cos, it was all sports filled weekend and some shopping for the us (group of guys, deputed by company, living together).
Went to Ramstore, situated on Bekturov street for the general items.

About Ramstore:

Parking outside, sufficient; inside in basement, a bit clumsy, for about 50-60 cars max.
Store -cum-mall : small shopping area, with many items available for your free-money spending , and a departmental store with all sorts of household items available. Found the store reasonably priced (I am speaking as if i am a expert on this :lol:) Anyway, got everything there except "green vegetables".

Experience of my colleagues says, Vegetables are better available from Green Bazaar or Giloni ( as pronounced by them, tried to search the correct spelling in google maps, unable to track).

So here it it, for general shopping, go to 'ramstore', and they have membership cards with discounts on them too. For ,vegetables go for Green bazaar.

People living near the canal stream, can go to Alma store too. Small store with strangely , every food and drinking, and other basic needs, toys, books, stationary, games, dresses, ornaments, wall decoration, all in small stalls. Prices, i think were a bit high. A bit.

So expats, other than this, there was just sports on television, some movies and cooking ( yes our cook has a break too on weekends :mad:).

Plus for Indians specially : Wheat flour in purity not available. Its mixed with "maida or so called purpose flour". Very fine.

And bhindi and some usually available beans , not available or available at very high prices. Beware.

On sat, we had got Packed lunch from Tandoor, a restaurant, in the main city area, Tole bi street. Food was good, Indian preparation too. Taste was almost good. Want to fill your tummy. Go for it. We do.

And, yes i missed the beautiful faces for two consecutive days so will go for a walk surely. My legs were enjoying their weekend too. :D

Guys , sorry, expats...

Newsflash:
Alma store having cheaper beers than Ramstore. Make a Bold note of it. Example- Carlsberg - 210tenge in Ramstore , In Alma store , its available for - 166tenge.

Cheers!

By the way, I have just started a novice testing competition of Beer tasting ( Read: Trying different brands of beer, Participants : Just ME).

Report will be given shortly ( if i remember any of them correctly. for a start : Holsten : very tart, EFES : lesser tart compared to Holsten.

Looking for new friends in almaty, nice and easygoing, english speaking.