Central hotel with non salt water pool?

Hi there,

We will be looking to stay in a hotel for around 4 days when we arrive while we are house hunting.  Can anyone recommend a nice central (Sliema/St Julians/Swieqi) hotel which has a heated indoor pool (non salt water)??

We will be taking turns to view houses while the other stays at hotel with our 2 year old so its imperative that we have something for the little one to do hence the non salt water pool!

Many ta's

:)

Sorry forgot to say this is for the first week of December.

Also we can get a good deal at the following hotels -

Hotel The Palace Hotel Sliema
Top Countryline Fortina Sliema
Marina St Julians. 

Can anyone recommend which the best one would be?

I have no idea about non salt pools. But I do know that in Tigne Point shopping centre there are 2 indoor play areas which may help to entertain your 2 year old, and The Fortina is a 2 minute walk from there. There is also a great park about a 5 minute walk from there too.
The Palace looks quite nice. I have never stayed there but I use the car park all the time and they sell nice coffee. Quite good central location if you are house hunting in Sliema area.
The Corinthia Marina is a nice hotel but not a very good location.
Thats just my personal opinion though!

The Westin Dragonara hotel in St Julians has a heated indoor pool (fresh water), jacuzzi, sauna, steam room and a good gym.

Thanks Lambada I'll look up the prices of the Westin :)

Thanks Damsel, I was actually thinking about the Fortina as we walked past it when we were over in March and liked the look of it plus its a bonus being next to the mall etc altho we wont be using the lovely outdoor pool they have in December! brrrrr ;)

Hi sarah,

I just walked past the Palace hotel and asked. They have an indoor pool on the 5 th floor as part of the ( private) spa facilities but they are free for hotel guests and children are allowed with parents ( with a two year old that is no question anyway).

Cheers
Ricky

Ricky thanks very much for the info and for popping in, that was really nice of you :):)

Hi Sarah, could you please share the prices for the three hotels you mentioned? We are moving to Malta in January and will probably go the same route - staying in a hotel whilst house hunting.

Thanks a lot,
Jitka

Hi Jitka,
The three hotels I mentioned were all coming in at between £37 - £40 per night (room only) for the beginning of December.
I used 'Trivago' site to search.

:)

Hi sarah,

that price range sounds very good for the Palace hotel.

If you go through the hotel website the rate for a minimum of 5 nights /per night shows up as 81 € without breakfast (breakfast = 14€ X 2 = 28 €

37-40 € for the Palace hotel is hard to believe !

Cheers
Ricky

Oh no I hope we are talking about the same Palace Hotel?

The one I am referring to is

Hotel The Palace Hotel Sliema, High Street SLM1542 Sliema

It is coming in at £38 per night for a Double Room. £150 for 4 nights inclusive of all taxes through Trivago.

If it is the same one you are referring to well I guess I better go book it as its sounding like its a really good deal! :)

Yes Sarah it's the same hotel that Ricky is referring to. I checked the prices on Trivago and can confirm that they're in the region of £40. Very good deal for that place.

Hi sarah,

it is the same hotel !

Just a very remarkable price for that hotel. I wonder where the Maltese hotels are heading with that kind of pricing. There was a recent statement from the hotels and restaurant association to their members not to lower prices but it seems the hotels already have -)))

Have your meals and drinks elsewhere! Their restaurant and bar are good but very pricy.

Book at that price and enjoy !

Cheers
Ricky

Thanks a lot for sharing the prices and the search engine.

Jitka