Move to Yangon w my husband n 2 boys

Hi there, my husband will be taking up his post in Yangon in November.  Is there a Singapore community?  My boys and I will remain in HK for another year and will decide if we should move to Yangon or return to Singapore.  Basically am concern about the international schools there.  Anyone care to recommend the best international school?  Tks!

Hello JacqLeeKam.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Hope you'll get some responses soon.

Thank you,
Aurélie

I'll be moving to Yangon in Dec 2012 and will be happy to meet up with your family when I'm there!

Ed
Singapore

hi ,

i m Marc. i'm a teacher in Yangon. the most famous international school is ISY (international school yangon) . they follow american curriculum. u ve one french school as well which follows french curriculum. otherwise u ve many other but most of them without accreditation.

yes, there re singaporian expat in yangon .

hope u ll enjoy myanmar

Marc

Hi Marc,
Are you still teaching at ISY?  If yes, would like to drop by and see ISY facilities, environment, and meet with teachers to collect information during the next 2 weeks.

Thank you.
Tony

Hi Tony,

actually i m not teaching in ISY. i work in the french school, ecole Joseph Kessel.

french school is closed until early september, but ISY will open in august. you ve to contact them as soon as possible they have too many students this year.

i ll be back 7 august, dont hesitate to contact me for other questions about Yangon.

Marc