Iqama transfer time

Hello all i am transferring my sponsorship to a new company that is said to be 'green' the transferring of the iqama is taking lots of time, it has been 2 weeks from now. Is there any way to know how much time should this take and also i would like to know if it is possible to know if he is messing with me and not transferring my iqama. Note: i need to travel urgently and i have been postponing my travel for 2 months.

No real way to tell if he is fooling you - also times will vary - it can take anywhere from a couple of days to a couple of months! My advice is to keep asking - persistence seems to pay off here fairly regularly - that or camping in their office until you get an answer!

:one

dragonladyoz wrote:

No real way to tell if he is fooling you - also times will vary - it can take anywhere from a couple of days to a couple of months! My advice is to keep asking - persistence seems to pay off here fairly regularly - that or camping in their office until you get an answer!

Wel i jst went through ths situation. Nd last wek i got my iqama.
Actually the procedure is, that frst ur cmpny wil submit ur file means ur orgnal pasprt nd requird documnts to labor office "maktabul amal" they wil give approval nd new wrk prmit nmbr. it can take 2 to 3 weks maximum if ur cmpny dnt hv any issue that is "red. yellow" or cr expiry or zakat certificat expiry.
Then they wil take this approved fil along with ur orgnal iqama nd pasport ofice to "jawazat" they wil make ur iqama with new sponsor in one or two days.

This all depend on ur cmpny that how larg it is. because if its larg then there are many employes for whom cmpny hv to sbmit their files also.nd it is ur luck in which sequence no ur file is either frst or last :) . my cmpny is hvng thousnds of emplyes so it tuk 3 months.

thank you.. redline your info was really helpful and my iqama has took 2 weeks till now and i was really worried because the guy responsible for doing it told me it would take 7-10 days.. well i have another question hope any one could help me is that could it be possible that i would take my papers back while they are in the labour office if i wanted to cancel my sponsorship transfer  ( i am considering this option if it took so long since i have to leave the country)

Yes ofcourse ur guy can pull back ur file any time. i have also done ths thng in my time. actualy the guy who is hndlng all ths thng, submitd bnch of files n then evry alternat days he ho to mktabul amal to know the status.

N remembr!
Submit ur orignal attested degree or educational certificat from saudi embasy along with ur file. because maktabul amal wil give u the profesion acrdng to ur qualification.other wise thy wil gv u labor profesion.

Asalam,
        Dear guys, i am transfering my sponsorship and also renewing my iqama, this procedure began for the last two months. i am worried about how much time this will take.  would u let me know about this issue.

Is final exit possible after iqama expiry..Note that iqama is not renewable since I am student aged over 21...Please help need to know what to do I am stuck in Saudi arabia

hello all i wanted to say that I told the guy to give me my papers since now i can renew my iqama but he insists that he cant give them back since they are in labor office..Sponsorship transfer took two week till now

Sponsorship transfer usually takes minimum one month, so you have to show patience.

yes but he told me it would take 7-10 days and it has been 3 weeks..Do you think it is really hard to get the papers back ?? Thank you