Cost of living in muscat for a couple

Hi there,
I have got job offer from a omani company of 350ro per month + car+ accomodation+all allowances

will it be sufficient for a couple????
please guide

Regards
Ashutosh

Hi Ashutosh,

welcome to Expat.com!

You could have a look at other threads on the Muscat forum.

All the best,
Christine

aashu200 wrote:

Hi there,
I have got job offer from a omani company of 350ro per month + car+ accomodation+all allowances

please guide

Regards
Ashutosh

Hi Ashutosh,

If the R.O. 350 / month is the 'net-net-all-in-hand-take-home-amount', then you may perhaps consider it.

If the R.O. 350 / month is the gross amount, with living and maintenance expenses on you, then just forget about the offer.

Good luck !

Sumitran wrote:
aashu200 wrote:

Hi there,

please guide

Regards
Ashutosh

Hi Ashutosh,

If the R.O. 350 / month is the 'net-net-all-in-hand-take-home-amount', then you may perhaps consider it.

If the R.O. 350 / month is the gross amount, with living and maintenance expenses on you, then just forget about the offer.

Good luck !

To my perception, employers around Gulf play around (For the Salary negotiations) with the new expats who're keen to work in Middle east. The people who have been offered a job in Middle east should understand the cost of living in their own country is much much and much cheaper as compared to here. Its always good to pre-analyze the COL before joining any organization. Secondly it also depends on how big is the Company in terms of financial condition. In the end (As one of collegue here at PDO says) the thing which matters is "Vitamin M" :)

Hi,
I am new one in this blog. I got offer from one co. for Marketing Mgr. and they offer me around 2000OMR. Now pls. advise as I am already earning 1100 OMR in India and having my own resi. and all well setteled here so pls. advice weather 2000 OMR is exciting for me.

Gopal!
You're the best judge for yourself. You can read a huge amount of info-pack available here at the Muscat forum to gather the required information. Then decide.

gopal3400 wrote:

Hi,
I am new one in this blog. I got offer from one co. for Marketing Mgr. and they offer me around 2000OMR. Now pls. advise as I am already earning 1100 OMR in India and having my own resi. and all well setteled here so pls. advice weather 2000 OMR is exciting for me.

Calculate it this way - you are already earning 1100 RO + own house. A new house would cost you 600/800 RO (for a furnished good family acco), although you can find smallish Pigsties @ 350/300 RO. That makes 1100 RO + 600 RO = 1700 RO. Cost of groceries and internet - you would have to spend 3 times more to eat the same things that you eat in India. ISD calling costs are higher. That would leave almost nothing to save in your hand.

@Gopal3400: You are earning well now... ALL IZZ WELL