New to Norway and Stavanger

Hi

my name is Tan, I am software engineer, I am currently working and living in London, I am going to move to Stavanger shortly to start a new job there

as a UK citizen, I believe I have to do 3 things before starting to work there.

1) register with  the local police
2) gettting Personal ID number
3) getting Tax card.

could anyone please let me know are they all the requirements I need? if so in which orders? if not please do let me know.

Hope to make a few friends here.

thank you in advance.

Hello,

You both the correct steps and the correct order there. At least, that's the order I did it in.

Good luck with the move.

David

Thanks, David

how long should I allow the time to get it sorted, plus, Open bank account should be in which order?

Cheers

Hello,

The time can vary between all of the steps. You should probably expect a few weeks for these things to get done. I waited until I had my identity number before I opened my bank account. I think if you need an account sooner, you can get a D-Number quicker. I thought that was extra work though, so I just waited for my full identity number. As soon as you have your ID number you can go down to the bank and open an account. I like DNB, because they have branches and they have an English speaking call centre and English online banking. I think when I opened an account there, they were the only ones to offer that.

David

Thanks David

It is very helpful

Tan