WHY?

WHY in Netherlands is depending on agency? and WHY housing agency will post some flat and then when you contact them they will answer " sorry the house/apartment is not available or rented out "" WHY they advertise if it is not available anymore?? :/

Hi Karamelka,

I am sorry you're going through this. The renting market is pretty much nonexistant in the Netherlands, as everybody wants to buy their own place as soon as possible- they get tax discounts etc. We wanted to rent but then decided to buy our own place, it was just too annoying. Which agencies have you tried? Funda.nl is the biggest website for renting or buying houses. Good luck and if you have questions, you can try contacting some of the following: Expatica NL or IAmEspat forums. I'll  try to look more into it later. Good luck!

There are two different housingmarkets.
First of all you have the woningbouw, this is from the gemeente.
They work with a point system. When you want rent a house from them  you have to first register yourself and pay a fee.
Then you can search by internet or by the local weekly huis aan huisblad a house witch match with  your sitation. If you apply on a house not according to you situation, you can not get it.
It can take years to get a house when you not have enough points, or if you are not socially or economically linked or only want to live in the most wanted area. The Randstad is very known of this problem.
This is basically how it works.

On the other hand you have the housing agents or the real estate companies. Normally they find for you a house according what you want to pay for it and most of the time the houses they offering are very expensive. But the time is more shorter to get one then with the woiningbouw.

It depends what you want.

I hope this is clear enough for you, if you have still questions you ask and I will try to help you.

Good luck!

Hello Olencja!

Thanks for the reply :-)
We look all the website funda, Expatica and some others website and if we contact them  they will all response sorry its not available. why they advertised if it is not available anymore?  maybe Holland its not for us... sad to say but we need to accept it. Thanks once again.:-) Take care

Hello Primadonna!

my husband got the job there in veldhoven, thats why we are looking for something where we can stay,but all the agency which we contact because we found in there website the house/apartment which we think is good for us but they just all response ""its not available"". and my husband cannot leave me here to go there alone for work because, i am filipina and my husband is Czech, i dont know their language and they dont know english and they are not so friendly.

I am sorry to hear that.
Most people can speak English and maybe you don't believe me but Dutch professionals are the most friendly and accurate people.
The websites you mentioned are commercial organisations.

Why don't you try the woningbouwvereniging in Veldhoven?
Your husband has an economical reason to get a house there.
Maybe it is good to make an appointment and explain your situation.

The reason why a house in not anymore available is various: urgent case, medical reasons, the current residents pull back etc etc.

By the way, what do you mean with here and there?

i mean he cannot leave here in Czech and go to Netherlands to work alone. we can go only together as whole family

My husband has been 2 times already in Eindhoven and now he got the job but we are still in Czech Republic searching for the woning online. We have no choice but go through the second category that you mentioned, the commercial housing agents since we do not live in Holland yet. All they want however the 1.2x monthly rent plus some also other blabla fees. But even if we would accept this they still only respond negatively. It is really unmanageable obstacle for us as newcomers.

Go for the woningbouwvereniging.
You can also apply online and I think you make a big chance.
As I mentioned before this kind of house searching is per point system. In your case it means that you are an starter and that is good. For every year older then 18 you get one point.
So how older you are, how more points you will get and sooner you'll get a house.
Maybe you can ask for an urgent case: coming from the Czech and your husband as already an job in Eindhoven. When he will start? He can go earlier and make an personal appointment and talk with them.
Ask his boss of he can do something for you.

And it is maybe a little consolation but don't forget that you are not the only one with the same problem.
Even for me: when I decide to go back I must go trough the same procedure as you are.

I search and found for you this:

http://www.wooninc.nl/woningaanbod/hure … eindhoven/http://veldhoven.digicity.nl/

Both site are in Dutch but you can use google translate or an other site. The translation will be not perfect but it is better then nothing.

Good luck.