Good restaurants. where can i find them?

Hi,
  I've been here a fortnight and I've sampled some great lebanese, thai and capsa (spelling?) placesan overpriced,terrible Chinese meal on Pepsi Road.  Can anyone recommend some good restaurants.  I'd love some (preferably not expensive) Korean or Japanese)
  Many thanks

The chinese at the Rashid mall is actually very good....

In khobar now Sushi Yushi close to Merdian Kornich

Have you tried Bamboo restaurant in Dhahran mall? It's a good one.

Maysaadi wrote:

Have you tried Bamboo restaurant in Dhahran mall? It's a good one.

I agree!!!

Hi camproad,

this is a list of al-khobar restaurants.
here

my Favorite one is Mughal

I am new here in alkhobar after spending 6 years in Riyadh i just shifted here few 3 months ago . i tried all restaurants here ,,
MUGHAL ,, COOPER CHANDNI,, TANDOORI,, BUNDO KHAN ,,,

there are few oriental or u can say modern DESI restaurants in Riyadh as well ... but i got a unbelievable shock when i visited these restaurants, reasons are ,,AS UNDER,,,,

Taste.... which is strange for me ,, is this  food  is according to sub continental style ? thi? or chines? Italian or Mexican? in efforts to make some thing different they made a stupid mix taste of every thing.

price ,,......... i invited some south African businessman friends there at MAUGHAM, we ordered chicken Ticka ... a single taste less plate price is 56 SAR ,,,  in this plate they are earning 1000% profit margin ... even BURJ ALL ARAB , and any 7 star  restaurant   in the world is not charging this much GM, and same is the story of all others ,,, IN Riyadh all of the same category restaurants are giving BUFFET IN 35 TO 48 SR
INCLUDING 8 TO 10 DISHES with much better taste quality and service.
,, i can say more about,,, but its just waste of time .... i cant understand  ..... who  and why   is visiting these restaurants,

Hi I'm Korean and I'm sure that there is no Korean restaurant in khobar area.(I know one but it's really bad)

also there is't decent japanese restaurant in Khobar area.
But you can have california roll or simple dishes from Sushi Yori which located opposite side of holiday inn.
Sushi Yori seems like a chinese resturant which imitate japanese food. but the ingredients and taste are good.

or you can order california roll from soul kichen near the silver tower.

I think thai restaurant is good choice in KSA. near the rahmania mall, phuket restaurant is located. it's fine.

Hi there.. Have you tried the Bee Won restaurant? Or have you found any good Korean restaurant around yet?

Hi aliciachua,

Please note that as you posted on an old thread, you may not have any reply to your question.

I suggest you to start a new discussion on the Khobar forum with all your questions for better interaction.

I am sure the members will provide you with useful information very soon.

Thank you,

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team