Considering offer for Kuwait employment

I am considering employment in Kuwait from a US company for 98,670 is annually.  Is this a good salary in Kuwait as I know the cost of living is higher.

Please, any input is greatly appreciated.  Amount of salary is USD.

It is depend on how you spend your money. Some people see it as a big amount but some people don't.

Lets do out math here. and round it to 100k usd. So it will be about 25k kd @ approximately 2k kd per month.

Arrange your portion accordingly - apartment + transportation should be crucial.

I myself use this calculation for myself.
1) Deduct how much I want to save per month
2) I will arrange accordingly between my meal, entertainment, clothes etc based on balance.
My company will bear transportation and accommodation. So i not really bother to that.

All you need to do is do your own math and have a way of organizing you finance. Nobody is you and nobody know how you spend your money, how you eat etc. But in other hand, we can how much cost will your lifestyle/need be.

Yes bornd is right

Thank you for your response.  A bit vauge on actual cost of living though.  Is 2,000KD average, above average or below average wage per month.  This is a new experience for me and I am feeling lost.

Bornd is right, it doesn;t matter whether 100k USD is above or below averrgae. If you included all the salaries in Kuwait you would probably get the result that is is way above average.

What is more important is how you want to spend your money, what are your expectations of where you live and what type of property you want to live in. Do you want to drive a Ferrari or use the buses? How much do you want to save.

To answer your question you can live very comfortably on 100k USD here in Kuwait as I am sure you can in the US but it depends on what your expectations are

If you turn the job down I will happily take it and live of 100k USD

Doubty, that last line was exactly the kind of info I was looking for!  I am taking the job and I'm looking forward to making many new friends.  Thank you both for your time.  Cheers!