Tortoises and birds

I bought a mid sized tortoise from the souk in Rabat.  From my research I figure that he is most likely an African spurred tortoise (sulcata), but I am not entirely sure.  Does anyone know for certain which types of tortoise are commonly sold here?  I see them all the time in the souk and pet stores.

I've been feeding him lettuce and cactus fruit but can't get him to eat much else, any suggestions?

Also, any suggestions for a good place to buy toys for pet birds?  I'd like some swinging toys for pet cockatiels.

Hello TheresaL.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Aurélie

Hello
I remember an 'animalerie" in Aswak Salam in Hay Riad. Hope you will find what you are looking for.

To any animal lovers: I ended up finding a good pet store with lots of different supplies.  At the Bouregreg Marina you will see a building that says Animal Planet, it is a big pet store that sells both live animals and supplies and has a dog groomer on site.  Lots of fish supplies, bird supplies, and toys etc. for cats, dogs.
:)

hello, thank you for this formation about this store but if it s in Sale? i live Sale and i didnt know it
Thank you