Child maintenance payment escapees - Norway oil rig workers

Hello, I need your help.  My husband worked for an oil rig company in Aberdeen.  We separated and he was voluntaringly paying maintenance however in the process of divorcing.  He since took a six month to become permanent position in Norway as of this July just gone and has since stopped paying and does what he wants with maintenance payments.  the question is the following, does anyone know of the usual work deals that they will have offered him on his move to Norway and does anyone know if oil rig office based/sometimes off-shore, Operations Supervisor, can be tracked down and made to pay when the divorce is going through in the UK?  I need some inside information of someone working or who has worked for the oil rig or an ex-wife out there, please!!

Enforcement of Child Support Orders depends on bi-lateral agreements between your country and the country where the paying parent works and resides. They are NOT universal.

One rule of thumb is universal however; there must be a court order in effect. If the payments your soon to be ex-husband was making were voluntary it is highly doubtful that you will have any success in getting a foreign employer to do anything to help you.

I would highly recommend that you contact a lawyer or legal aid office and begin a legal process in an attempt to obtain a court order. Once you have a support order it should be quite simple to contact your local agency involved in enforcement of child support, they generally have all the information and contacts with similar agencies worldwide.

As a divorced father of 4 (now adult children) who never missed or delayed a payment there are two things I will never be able to understand. The first is why any woman in her right mind would simply trust to fate or luck that her husband would make payments just out of the goodness of his heart? Naive in the extreme.

The second thing that I can't understand is why so many deadbeat jerks just feel that they have no responsibility to their children just because they have split up with their mother. You are a shameful sorry lot! There is ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE for not supporting your child, maintaining a relationship is also equally important. Make no mistake, even if you are being denied access or visitation you still have no right to deprive your children of support. This kind absolutely disgust me and give all divorced fathers a bad reputation. Get with the program.

Statistics prove that in the vast majority of cases where a supporting parent refuses to make payments it has absolutely nothing to do with finances nor responsibility, but it is simply a means of trying to continue to control the ex-partner in some way. Although in most cases payments are made to the ex-spouse they ARE FOR THE CHILD. Yes the receiving parent administers those funds, the paying parent has no right whatsoever to try and dictate how those funds are applied. Get over it!

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog

Hello jalondream.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

So as to make it more visible, your post has been moved to the Norway forum.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi same situation mine is 8 years on going he lives in the UK works offshore Norway CSA areunable to asses him courts are unable to hear acse as he still falls under the jurisdiction of the CSA what a catch 22! so in 8 years he has not pid a penny.
I have got a court date to see if I can get a test case heard but don't hold out much hope.
I have also conatcted a norway law firm and their form of the CSA to see if they can help.
Anyone got any information would be great
Thanks Tracy