Egyptian Moving to San Francisco

Dear All,

am shouki and am planning to move to study in San Francisco, but i have no idea about accommodation, find a job, where to go out, night life and a lot of thing needed to move to another country.

If anybody know anything about what i mentioned above plz give a help :D

Wish to here from you soon.

Cheers

on a student visa you are usually not allowed to work (except on campus work and cpt), and except in rare cases you cannot request cpt during your first year of study. also note that if you work for 12 month or more on cpt, you are not eligible for opt at all, and basically void all chances of staying in the US after the completion of your studies. (except dv lottery and h1b1 which i doubt would any employer sponsor for someone who is fresh out of school).

san francisco is awesome!! i lived in the area for two summers. the city is very expensive and you will probably need to live with room mates. try sfbay.craigslist.org for finding accommodation.

Hello Shouki.

You can download the US PDF guide as well. It contains informations on Accommodation and Work that could help. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

vroni & Aurélie thank you very much, i really appreciated ur effort but i have a question what is the CPT & OPT? :D am gonna download the guide :D loads of thanks, come to visit egypt :D
From Cairo with love XxX

CPT = curricular practical training
basically for internships. you can work part-time during the semester, or full-time during the summer. it has to be related to your degree and your advisor needs to authorize it in addition to, I think, usics. the international student and scholar services at your university can tell you all about it.

OPT = optical practical training
you can work for 12 month for any employer, but the work has to be related to your degree. it can be during your degree (pre-completion OPT) or after you finished your degree (post-completion OPT). if your degree is in the STEM category (changes some over time, basically most science+IT degrees are included), you can get an extension for another 17 month. many people apply for H1B visa afterwards. if you work on OPT while you apply for H1B the work authorization can be extended for up to 6 month while you wait for the H1B visa. But I guess that is a rather far future right now for you. if you work for 12 month or more on CPT you are not eligible for OPT. you need authorization from usics for OPT.

i've never been to egypt, but would like to go some time. my parents went a couple of years ago and really liked it.

1st of all i love u :D u just answer a lot of questions popping up in mind i just wanna thank you a lot i really appreciated thanks.

2nd u have to come to egypt its amazing country, and from now on u have a friend in Egypt u just decide to come and i will plan everything from red sea to Mediterranean crossing the pyramids.

Sum up u will see history mixed with beautiful.

Thanks a lot again n wish to see u soon in egypt

From Cairo with love XxXx

Actually i found a link i see i could have ur attention :D

facebook.com/pages/If-you-love-Egypt-support-it-by-visiting-it/154716077918514?ref=stream

If you are in San Francisco then be sure to go to al-Masri Egyptian Restaurant http://www.almasrisfca.com/
If you are in San Francisco then I guess you missed the "Arab Spring" revolutions which actually did nothing other than to provide more of the same in Egypt.