Working in Maldives

Hello everybody! I'm new to the blog and I'd like to have a few info on living and finding a job in Maldives, if anyone can help. I currently still haven't a job but I am exploring the possibility of relocating there for some time as my girlfriend has been offered a 12 months contract on Malé. The question is: how easy is to get a job in Malé and the surrounding islands? I'd like if possible to avoid the tourist industry (hotels, resorts etc as I have been working long time as a waiter and I'd like to change a bit and make use of my degree) even if I understand they are the main possibility; I have a degree in Translation/Interpreting and I speak fluently English/French/Italian, also I am working at present as a check-in assistant in an Airport, so I was considering the possibility of applying also in Malé's airport for the same position. Do anyone that has been living there for some time know if I have good chances of getting a job there? Any advice/help/feedback will be mostly appreciated. Thanks.

P.S: Is social life really an issue there? Absolutely no activities going on?

Hello Massimo77.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

The Jobs in Maldives section is at your disposal. Do not hesitate to post an advert there.

Hope other members will give you some feedbacks.

Thank you,
Aurélie

hey where are you from? are you still looking for a job in Maldives? what is your preferred industry?

Hi Loxton,
Yes I am still looking for a Job, I am Italian and I'm currently working in Florence Airport (Tuscany) as a check-in operator. I will be in Italy still for a couple of months, as I have a contract here. Generally I'd say I will start looking from early December. I did my studies in Dublin,Ireland, where I obtained a BA in translation and Interpreting. I also speak fluently French as I have lived in France for a year and a half. I have an extensive experience in the catering field but, as I said in my earlier post, I'd rather find something different, also to make use of my degree. Malé's airport could be one of them, but I still don't know what are the possibilities on site.
Have you got any suggestions? Any help would be mostly appreciated.
Thanks.

hi Massimo, did you got my msg?