How to watch ESPN on xbox in Vietnam

Hi everybody,

My name is Hieumi. My American friend just bought an Xbox from Halo shop and he tried to watch ESPN with it. He paid for gold membership but unfortunately the machine says ESPN is not available in Vietnam. How can we work it out? Please give a help. Many thanks.

Hieumi

It can't be worked out by conventional means. The I.P. address where the XBox is connected determines whether or not it receives the programming desired. Usually, the programming cannot be accessed by any I.P. address located outside the USA. There may be workarounds, such as using a VPN, but I'm no expert on that. Maybe someone else here can help.

Thanks Andy,

Hope anyone else can help me on this.

Give this link a go

I used PPTP to watch Swedish broadcasting of Olympic games from Vietnam, and it worked well. PPTP i similar to VPN, but use up less band width, which is good since u're connecting far from US.
There are really cheap providers around as well. I think most VPN providers also have PPTP and guides how to set it up.
I'm really bad with computers, but it was easy to install.

I use Anonine.com, but not sure if they are best for US servers. Anyway they are really helpful if you send them an email with your question.
Good luck! I'm wanna try to connect with my x-box too.. but Gold expired..