Contact with Libyans

hey there

what do u think about contacts with libyans ,, like have friendship or any kind of relation with them !!

and any good or bad Experiences about contact with Libyans  ?

cheers

Most Libyans are nice friendly folk, I have many good Libyan friends.
As far as relationship with Libyan girls is concerned, as a foreigner don't go there. Lovely girls but it just isn't allowed so don't even think about it.

"As far as relationship with Libyan girls is concerned, as a foreigner don't go there. Lovely girls but it just isn't allowed so don't even think about it." said HH.

Well, HH, the guy is Libyan , would that make a difference?

Talk about double standards and hipocrisy....it's all perfectly fine for the gelled lotharios and dandies to go chasing foreign women! :rolleyes:

Hey Ima,

HH has just told what he s thinking about what I post,
, and it might make difference when Libyan ladies read what HH has posted

Cos, I used to know some expats who have got Libyan girl friends here and vice versa

As it is not impossible to be with Libyan girl HH, there s NO something call it not allowed, just something not acceptable yet here, but already exist secretly which
s " more exited and hotter " ;):)

cheers

hamid2010 wrote:

As it is not impossible to be with Libyan girl HH, there s NO something call it not allowed, just something not acceptable yet here, but already exist secretly which
s " more exited and hotter " ;):)

cheers

Bullshit. This is an expat forum trying to give advice to expats coming to Libya, there is no way you can give that sort of advice. If you are a Libyan you know damn well the rules.

Libyan's are some of the most friendly and honest people I have met (and I have lived in alot of places). Treat them with respect and you will have a friend for life.

Hey HH

I know it is place to share experiences and give advices for expats ,
But in the same time these advices we post it might make difference and change the way of thinking sometimes.

I m Libyan and I know what do u mean by the rules here ,, but what I have said is this
It s not impossible to have relationship with Libyans and vice versa and I have seen many cases in Libya like this.

Cheers mate

hi folks,

i think that libyan people are so freindly, i came to tripoli 4 days ago and they seem so kind.
i went outside only to shop in souk telat so i realized that they are good people, ok they are more reserved than algerian people in their way of clothing, and mentality but i saw a girl with her boy freind, it is like all arab countries you can make a freindship with a girl, but the relation will not be like in european countries or america since there will be always forbiden things :)

Basically, my private contacts with Libyans are all OK, even more then OK. Usually they are very friendly and simple guys, unless they want to talk about God-then, conversation turns into deep boring mud.
Business deals are much less relaxing - they always want more for the same or less money. And even when You finalize what they want, surprises never ends ... "now You are supposed to do this ,and that, and we  resume that your offer comprises also this and that,and if You didn't know that, it's up to You, You should ask us before , and................".

M-F relations I would not comment, because I don't want to be burned alive, just like poor Hilton in "single woman" topic....

Cheers

I have found business dealings to be fairly easy, you just need to research your opponent, if all else fails and you have nothing to talk about, start talking football...... almost as fanatical as the Turkish folks.

Theiman wrote:

start talking football...... almost as fanatical as the Turkish folks.

and the Nigerians and Ghanaians and Ivoirans....

....alas not the Egyptians
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
....or the Jocks :lol::lol::lol:

Its funny, the Libyan guys I deal with ALL wanted Algeria to beat Egypt - don't know why.

Are you libya please mail me if you are,i need personal contact with a libya [email protected]

Sandman6 wrote:
Theiman wrote:

start talking football...... almost as fanatical as the Turkish folks.

and the Nigerians and Ghanaians and Ivoirans....

....alas not the Egyptians
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
....or the Jocks :lol::lol::lol:

Just spotted this ya cheeky tw@t :lol:

Almost all the Libyans I have met have been very friendly and honest.
But coming back from my friends house in Janzour on Christmas day, I was wearing a vest top which showed of my tatoos (one of which is a cross) and I also had a crucifix round my neck. I was stopped by 5 youths outside my hotel, one of the guys tried to suggest I rip the cross off and throw it away, when I said NO he tried to rip the cross off, needless to say I still have the crucifix round my neck :rolleyes:. After the incident had just ended but the guys were still mouthing off 2 older locals asked me what was happening I told them, and they basically told the lads to feck off.

So in summation, some of the nicest and warmest people I have ever met.

Ok, I just got off the phone with the recruiter from Paris. The deal is a year contract at first with possible full time working inside a bank in Tripoli in their operations. Is Tripoli safe for Americans? I lived in Istanbul for many years but Turkey is very different from its neighbors.

Also, what is a good hotel for extended stay?

Thanks!

cpedini wrote:

Ok, I just got off the phone with the recruiter from Paris. The deal is a year contract at first with possible full time working inside a bank in Tripoli in their operations. Is Tripoli safe for Americans? I lived in Istanbul for many years but Turkey is very different from its neighbors.

Also, what is a good hotel for extended stay?

Thanks!

Safe mate, no problems there, as for the hotels, top one is Corinthia, then the Radisson, and finally The Grand Hotel smack bang in the centre. I have been asked if I was American on a couple of occasions despite having a broad Scottish accent :rolleyes:

Thank you my kilted friend. I have been reading all morning.

It seems to be safe enough and the rest is what it is. I have been doing this too long to try and remake Libya in my own image. My wife is finishing her PhD in LEED construction management - what would her chances be do you think of working on the local economy? She is a Turk and Islamic if that helps at all.

The beer thing...that is truly problematic...

Hi dear, there are lot of major construction activities are going on in Libya which will last atleast for 3-4 years. so in my opinion your wife has a very good chance to get a job in construction industry in Libya.

Happy New Year, Enjoy!!!!!!!!!

Kapil