Question about Loja?

Being a new member, having a million questions but starting with my first small request:  I'm a retired educator thinking of permanently moving to South America and Loja, Ecuador, interest me.  For a starting point, anyone with any information concerning living in or close to Loja would be appreciated.

Hello Collier.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Hope other members will soon help you.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Aurélie,
It looks like Loja is not an Expat place; however, Loja seemed interesting to this Expat.  Actually, any southern part of Ecuador not coastline but elevations greater than 2,500ft, remote, close within 1hr drive to large town would also be nice.
Thanks,
Collier

I live in Loja and it is pretty nice overall. It has been pretty cool and drizzly here lately, but the good news is that you do not have to go to far to enjoy a day of warmer climate. The liquid sunshine keeps everything nice and green and there are a lot of really fabulous rainbows here. Come on down and check it out!

We are living in Quito at the moment, but we are thinking about moving to Loja in about three years. Then the baby grows older we want a to live a quieter place.
Steve, why did you choose Loja, and not Cuenca like the other gringos?

Aurélie wrote:

Hello Collier.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Hope other members will soon help you.

Thank you,
Aurélie

that really funny, could u answer more productive? just for fun :)