Multiple entry visa expiry and exit

Hi,

I am a German working in Saudi Arabia with Aramco. I have a business visa for 180 days with multiple entry.

The visa was issued mid of March and is now about to expire pretty soon. However, I am required to stay another two weeks in the Kingdom, which could be over the validity of my visa. I tried to get some information on this, but I am getting different answers everywhere ;-)

So, I hope you can help me with these questions:
1. If my understanding is correct, the validity of the visa counts from the date of issue, right? Is it then really 180 days (counting 30 / 31 day months) or 6 months (every months as 30 days)?
2. If I enter the Kingdom before my visa expires, can I still stay for another 30 days even if this would be over 180 days after the date of issue of my visa? And will I get any problems when exiting the country?
For example, if my visa expires on the 15th of September and I would enter the Kingdom on the 14th, could I then stay until the 20th before I exit the country?

I would really appreciate any help on this.

Thanks a lot,
Philip

whazzup221 wrote:

1. If my understanding is correct, the validity of the visa counts from the date of issue, right? Is it then really 180 days (counting 30 / 31 day months) or 6 months (every months as 30 days)?

Nah. The validity starts from your date of landing.

whazzup221 wrote:

2. If I enter the Kingdom before my visa expires, can I still stay for another 30 days even if this would be over 180 days after the date of issue of my visa? And will I get any problems when exiting the country?
For example, if my visa expires on the 15th of September and I would enter the Kingdom on the 14th, could I then stay until the 20th before I exit the country?

No you can't. You have to exit before visa expiry or you'll be considered an over-stayer. Hefty panalty will be applied on the airport, be warned.

I guess you know that every 30 days you are supposed to leave the kingdom (to Bahrain for example) to get the visa renewed for 30 days (provided the number of days don't exceed 180).

I am told by my HR that the visa office is in an utter mess at the moment with about 30,000 renewals overdue and awaiting process. Do what you need to do but he tells me nothing will be processed for a long time.

yes you can enter on 14th and stay 30 days and then exit the country with no problems.

this is what i did.

dont worry

No you are wrong.

he can stay 30 days. even if the visa expires.