Need an advise

Dear all,

I want to inform all expats that now a days local / black folks are stealing the cars either from streets or from road of RIYADH.

I want to share my experience, my new honda accord 2012 has been snatched from the road 1 month ago. I found my car but it was declared as TOTAL LOSS.

Insurance claim has been applied and just waiting for clearance from bank as it was bank finance car and I was paying monthly installments.

Now I have to take a decision very soon either to buy again a new one from bank or to buy a second hand car.

I purchased a new car just to avoid maintenance trouble and want to visit Makkah Madena and UAE to meet my family occasionally.

Although I am happy with insurance as they told me that they will only deduct 1500/- SR and all money will be paid back to bank. In the end I will be in loss of 1500 SR approx.

But now the question is CHOICE? and RISK? and LIABILITY?

Please advise what if I get second hand car? because if it will be stolen then I think I have to bear a serious financial loss?

NEED YOUR XPERT ADVICE PLEASE...>!!!

Why?  Can't you insure a 2nd hand car for theft?

Will you need a bank loan for the 2nd hand car?  If so, won't it be the same thing as a bank loan for a *new* car?

Yea the same incident happened with one my colleague, he parked the car near the super market (dabab street) when he came back he didn't find and complaint the police. After 1 week it was found at al kharj road the front seats were totally damaged.

@ Alliecat: Yes we can insured 2nd hand car as well but what I heard that in case if your car would stolen then INSURANCE company will consider only depreciated value and hence you will have to bear some considerable financial loss. Please correct if I am wrong. Thanks!

Alliecat wrote:

Why?  Can't you insure a 2nd hand car for theft?

Will you need a bank loan for the 2nd hand car?  If so, won't it be the same thing as a bank loan for a *new* car?

Xpert_Engineer wrote:

Dear all,

I want to inform all expats that now a days local / black folks are stealing the cars either from streets or from road of RIYADH.

:blink:

Salman Omrani wrote:
Xpert_Engineer wrote:

Dear all,

Salman, you stealing cars again ?!?  :P

Alliecat wrote:
Salman Omrani wrote:
Xpert_Engineer wrote:

Dear all,

:lol: Salman is neither local nor black.

TheLegendLeads wrote:
Alliecat wrote:
Salman Omrani wrote:

:lol: Salman is neither local nor black.

You didn't know Salman is a local black guy ?!? :whistle:

Human beings don't tranform to handsome beings. He must be a vampire then :D

Getting back to topic.

@Xpert_Engineer,
I don't wanna scare you but I've heard weird stories about insurance in such cases. A car (financed by bank) of one friend of friend turned to ashes getting zero salvage value. The bank made such a complex calculation that the poor fellow had to pay the bank 30,000 SAR to close the deal.

Do post your feedback later as the claim is settled. Let us know the name of the insurance company as well.

Logically every insurance policy has a 'claim value' that must be paid by them if asset value becomes zero *without any depreciation calculations*. But it's NOT as simple as it looks :(

I always suggest people not to buy cars which are considered good for drifting. The 3 names are Toyota Camry, Honda Accord and Nissan Maxima.

Sharing my experience, I got a brand new Nissan Maxima in 2007. After 2 snatch attempts (failed of course), I decided to sell the trouble making thing after driving for just 2 years. And this time I went for SUV...safer, useless for drifters ;)

All,

I will let you inform about the final outcome from insurance company. Also, I just drove my accord for only for 10 days. With this case ARABIA INSURANCE personnel told me that they will deduct only 2000/- SR and will pay back the whole cash price to bank.

Lets pray.

Legend Leads, thanks for your valuable comments.

hello

am sorry to read this stealing incident.
my advice is to get new car again . because there is no car history for 2nd hand  used in saudi like ( carfax) in the US . SO , its difficult to find extra clean with fraud chance .
and be more safe in riyadh city due to every half houre there are reporting the theft of a car !!

Wow... just had an idea.  Get a new car but install a GPS so it can be tracked if stolen!!

Salman Omrani wrote:
Xpert_Engineer wrote:

Dear all,

Those black folks... they get everywhere don't they?

Alliecat wrote:

Wow... just had an idea.  Get a new car but install a GPS so it can be tracked if stolen!!

Allie

Fantastic I can market that for a share in the profits! How about enhancing it with a call centre where all the registered cars can be tracked when the owners reports the vehicle stolen! Bet no one has thought of that! :lol:

Alliecat wrote:

:top:

STC does offer this service and it's not expensive.

http://www.stc.com.sa/cws/portal/en/ind … ynsec-trac

Martin Fin wrote:
Alliecat wrote:

Allie

Fantastic I can market that for a share in the profits! How about enhancing it with a call centre where all the registered cars can be tracked when the owners reports the vehicle stolen! Bet no one has thought of that! :lol:

Smartypants :P  Read what TLL just wrote! My point was he needs this option if his car gets stolen again.  If they can find it within a few hours, the thieves (hopefully) won't have had the time to *total* it!

Xpert_Engineer wrote:

Dear all,

black folks are stealing the cars either from streets or from road of RIYADH.
.>!!!

how do you know that blacks dudes do this >/

My car was stolen by 2 teenager say 15 or hardly 16 years old.

One of my friend's friend who live near Hara. Black folks tried to steal his car or may be laptop bag but once he suddenly locked the door then they put serious scratch marks on his 2010 model camry. Well I do respect all nationalities and not intend to harsh anyone. All I am saying is that we all are professional expatriates and we reserve our right to live in safe & peaceful environment.

ex_pa wrote:
Xpert_Engineer wrote:

Dear all,

black folks are stealing the cars either from streets or from road of RIYADH.
.>!!!

how do you know that blacks dudes do this >/

TheLegendLeads wrote:
Alliecat wrote:

:top:

STC does offer this service and it's not expensive.

http://www.stc.com.sa/cws/portal/en/ind … ynsec-trac

And who do you deal with in the end? the saudi call center agents who would take ages to understand your query or might hang up on your face if you try to get the right solution after several attemtps of explaining a simple thing to them.lol There are no free lunches !!

adnanhashmi wrote:

And who do you deal with in the end? the saudi call center agents who would take ages to understand your query or might hang up on your face if you try to get the right solution after several attemtps of explaining a simple thing to them.lol There are no free lunches !!

:) Don't worry I'm designing my own Vehicle Tracking System. It will work just like 'Find my iPhone'. You'll be able to not only locate your car on G-Maps but also switch it off remotely. :cool:

(Just kidding, who has the time for that?)

Dear My friend,
My self also faced the same issue 3 days ago in Hara Riyadh. Two strangers steal my Honda Accord 2012 model.
i reported to the police at the same time. and still searching for the car. not yet found.

I guess Honda Accord and Toyota Camry are favorite for those guys since I have heard too many times in last couple of years about thefts that involved only these two cars. Why don't you stop buying them and go for alternate brands...