Anyone in Cambridge speak fluent french?? i need your help . . .

Heya!

My name is Charlie, i am 23 and studying animation at the cambridge school of art, i am looking for anyone in Cambridge that would be willing to trade english lessons for french lessons, see my best friend recently moved to Lyon France with her fiancee Jonathan and their baby girl (my god daughter) Mila, so far i have managed to visit them on a regular basis and intend to continue to do so, and who knows maybe one day i move there, Lyon is a beautiful city and i enjoy my time there very much, it feels like home :) after meeting Jonathan's family (who are quite possibly the most wonderful people i have ever met) it has become abundantly clear that i need and very much want to learn french so that i can participate more when i'm there, i know next to nothing in french (its fair to say that i did not pay attention in gcse french) but i am more than excited to start, i have Rosetta Stone and have very recently started learning on my own but i think that i would progress much faster if i had a friend to practice with :) Being from Leeds, west yorkshire i'd say my accent and phrases are somewhat different from the oh so popular London accent, but for an english person, my english ain't so bad :)

If you think that you can help me out i'd very much appreciate it, or if you know of anyone that you can put me in contact with that maybe would like to improve their english in exchange for helping me with conversational french, or anyone that offers relatively cheap lessons (as in a lot less than 25GBP per lesson) then that would be grand!

Much love :)

Hi and welcome to Expat.com Charlie!

Maybe you could try posting an advert in the language exchange section of Cambridge classifieds.
It might help ;)

Regards
Armand

Cheers, will do :)

Hi Charlie,

There's a new event in Cambridge called Franglish, where you can meet French people and practise French over a beer in a friendly and relaxing environment.  Have a look at the site for more info!

First event is on Tuesday 30th October at Hidden Rooms