Crimes in Ukraine

Hi Friends,
I am really scared because I heard that there is lot of criminals in Ukraine and foreigner are not safe there. I hope this is not true.. pleas can somebody from Ukraine tell me about how safe foreigners are in Ukraine ? and What type of crimes foreigners can face in Ukraine ?  I also heard that Ukrainian's bad people kill to foreigner for money.. Please any suggestion and tips about how can we take care about any type of crimes in Ukraine ? and what type of crimes can we face ?

Thank you so much.

It is just the same country (in terms of criminal records) as Poland, Slovakia, France... No one walks here with guns in pockets. Just be wise, e.g. do not walk at nights, do not go to poor districts, do not speak loudly, do not show your cash on streets... I think you got my point.

Before Euro2012 there were rumors that Ukraine is a hostile country for foreigners. And there was this video where soccer fans were attacking asian guys. But it was a soccer match and those attckers were soccer radical fans. The UK has much more and much worse such records. I visited a soccer match only once 10 years ago but it was enough for making a conclusion that if you want to see the worst goons at one place at one time, then you should visit a soccer match. I have never visited one since then and I will never do so.

Thank you so much for your reply I need to know some more to make myself trustfully on Ukraine please tell me what do you think about Kharkiv ? is Kharkiv poor district ? what is crime situation in Kharkiv ?

Sorry but I do not have some specific infor on the subject.

...my name is Oleg YATSKAR, PLEASE READ ALL MY PREVIOUS POSTS ABOUT THIS ISSUE. I decided not to post because of the personal attacks [Moderated]...but due to the serious matter here I think you should read what I had written.

I am living here for the last 7 years and was only attacked once by the bad guys in kiev but it all went good for me so GreyKyiv is right you should not show money on streets etc and there will be no problems.Kharkov is the only second city after Kiev which has got Metro lol:)) so no Kharkov is not the worst city here i think you will enjoy your time there but keep studying hard though....:)))