Student coming to Istanbul University from Pakistan

Hello all,

I am new to this forum. I am a student from Pakistan and have recently acquired the Turkish Government scholarship for PhD at Istanbul University.

I would appreciate if anyone studying at Istanbul University can get in touch with me.

Regards

Hello pakistani_guy.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Aurélie

i guess no one reads forum posts here :(

:up:

Dear Pakistani_guy,
Hope you have reached Ist. sound and safe and have settled and met Pakistani fellows. I am new @ expat-blog and saw this thread late. If you still need some guidance, you can write me in private.
enjoy your stay :)

I also got scholarship to study for Phd at Istanbul University this year, am from Pakistan as well.. Can i know how is the university and whether the scholarship money of TL 1000 is enough to support one's family as well...

sorry to have read your post late ... thanks for the concern ...

ABJSYED wrote:

Dear Pakistani_guy,
Hope you have reached Ist. sound and safe and have settled and met Pakistani fellows. I am new @ expat-blog and saw this thread late. If you still need some guidance, you can write me in private.
enjoy your stay :)

If you are talking about Türkiye Scholarships then the monthly stipend you will get as a PhD student will be 1000 TL ... which is NOT enough to maintain a family in Istanbul ...

safiullah123 wrote:

I also got scholarship to study for Phd at Istanbul University this year, am from Pakistan as well.. Can i know how is the university and whether the scholarship money of TL 1000 is enough to support one's family as well...

I want to know the cheapest area for family accommodation in Istanbul (200-300 TL per month), as I have to manage particularly at the beginning of my stay with 1000 TL per month, after few months i may receive some additional funding.

do you think 1000 TL is enough to live a very modest life but with a small family with 1 kid only

me to going İstanbul university firstly which section of istanbul university because the university has more than one campus and i suggest you if you can stay in the goverments dormitory it will be best for you until you get used to İstanbul

You can stay in esenyurt yiu can find cheap houses in there and if you want to rent cheap house you should be away from connection ways like  E5 the metrobus way

I got admission in Avcilar Campus which is in European side of city. As I am moving with my family of 3 and have to manage within budget of 1000 TL per month. I am searching for a house ranging 200 TL to 300 TL per month.

thanks for the hope..