New Born Registration in Egypt

Hey Guys

Soon I will have my first baby InshAllah. Just wondering what would be registration process as I am an Expat and my wife is Egyptian. Where Do I need to go for registration and what paper work would be required for me to get done in order to get the new born registration. Someone told me that the basic Injection course for kid will not be done if I do not show them birth Certificate is that true ???? ...anyone had such experience please do share

Congratulations :)

Now, it's all so easy :)

You will need original and two copies of your passport + original and two copies of your wife's national ID card + Original and two copies of marriage certificate (unless your wife's ID card says Married to *your name*, in such case you don't need the marriage certificate) + Letter from hospital (notification of live birth) where birth takes place (they know about it it's pretty routine) ..... you need to go to the Ministry of Health office (a.k.a مكتب الصحة ...... ask the hospital for the office with jurisdiction over this particular hospital because you have to go to this office) and you will get it in a couple of days free of charge.

Yes you need the birth certificate for the vaccination.

Your baby is Egyptian by birth according to the new citizenship law which took effect on July 14th 2004 ..... No further action required for your baby to acquire citizenship.

3-6 months later you can obtain a Computerized birth certificate (not hand written) from any office of Civil Status (السجل المدني which is usually found in police stations). You need to do it ASAP for two reasons : 1- make sure data entered without any typos, 2- if you need a passport for your baby, you cannot use the handwritten birth certificate.

Should you need to have a passport earlier than that time, take the original handwritten birth certificate and head to Abbasiyya Sq, head office of Civil Status Authority and ask for expedited data entry and tell them you need it because you need to issue a passport. 

Last but not least if you need to register birth in Pakistan, you will need to notarize the birth certificate. Translate it to English in Ministry of Health head office, stamp the translation there, then stamp it again in Ministry of Foreign Affairs - Notary office, finally stamp it in Pakistani embassy and check with them for procedure to register birth in Pakistan.

AWESOME dude...I owe you big time ..really really detailed and help full thanks million u saved my 100 rounds of roaming around in govt offices. :D

One more query my wife will have delivery in mustashfa caleopatra do they arrange the paper work ? Secondly if not what are the chances that I get the paid vaccination from private hospital instead of Govt. place ( Just in case if getting the procedure done take some time )

alimirza wrote:

AWESOME dude...I owe you big time ..really really detailed and help full thanks million u saved my 100 rounds of roaming around in govt offices. :D

One more query my wife will have delivery in mustashfa caleopatra do they arrange the paper work ? Secondly if not what are the chances that I get the paid vaccination from private hospital instead of Govt. place ( Just in case if getting the procedure done take some time )

Most welcomed, brother don't worry :D

ALL hospitals give this letter. From cheap, creepy clinics up to and including big hospitals like Cleopatra and Dar Al Fouad.

I told you. Don't even bother/worry about this. As soon as the baby is born, head to the Admin office in the hospital, give them your details and the chosen name for the baby and you will get the letter ASAP. It's pretty routine. There is no 1 in a 1000000000 chance they don't give it, because otherwise your baby is not even registered and does not exist :)

And the procedure does not take time do not worry.

As for the vaccines, irrelevant of the birth certificate, I do NOT recommend doing it at مكتب الصحة (Health office), due to improper handling and storage conditions. I do NOT also recommend private clinics/hospitals.

I did all the vaccines for my children  at Vacsera (the main importer and supplier of vaccines for all of Egypt, a public sector company owned by Ministry of Health).

They are a bit far (Mohandiseen, El Batal Ahmad Abdel Aziz st., the place is also known as المصل و اللقاح). But they are guaranteed and very professional, they have several fridges for vaccines, each with the appropriate temperature for this vaccine, they have backup thermometers in each fridge to make sure the temp is right, they have backup generators to make sure the fridges run 24/7 (with the current state of power outages, who knows what vaccine has been rotting in some private clinic/health office non-working fridge over night in hot weather!).

They work 10 AM to 10 PM, 7 days a week so you can always go there in a convenient time for you. It's better to take the birth certificate with you to stamp it as proof of vaccine, but if it is not ready yet, you can get a separate, standalone certificate of vaccination from them and use it later on to stamp the birth certificate, but taking the birth certificate with you is NOT mandatory.

Highly Appreciate your help brother May Allah reward you for helping other

One more piece of info that might be interesting to you.

Pakistan does not allow dual citizenship.

However, Pakistan allows holding another citizenship with only 16 countries, Egypt included.

So, your baby will be Egyptian according to the new amendment to citizenship act of Egypt as of July 14th 2004, and will be Pakistani according to Section 5 of Pakistani citizenship act.

Congrats. May Allah bless your baby and your family.

hello brothers

i had one question, am egyptian married to a kashmiri man from the indian part of kashmir....we are expecting our first baby in december inshallah...we are residents of abu dhabi...the problem is that i wanted to deliver the baby in egypt, but scared i cant register him there, is the procedure same like what has been told to the pakistani brother??? my child if born in emirates can still obtain citizenship of egypt or not????
my husband should be there in egypt at time of birth as his work is busy?
or can i take his original passport would be enough???
or it's better to deliver in emirates where we r staying???

hope to get info as am very confused,

thanks in advance

in case we want him egyptian, can it be done later after his birth??? even if it will make losing of indian nationality?

Hello

The Egyptian citizenship law states that a naturally born Egyptian national is the offspring of an Egyptian father, or the offspring of an Egyptian mother (as of July 14th 2004).

It does not limit this to children born in Egypt. So whether you give birth in Egypt, UAE, India or even Planet Mars :D, your child will be Egyptian as his mother is Egyptian and the child is born after 14/7/2004.

Also, the law does NOT prohibit dual citizenship, so your child can be Indian-Egyptian, and the order of obtaining documents doesn't matter (Indian then Egyptian, Egyptian then Indian).

If you give birth in Egypt, the process is same as I explained to our Pakistani brother up here. Only question is, where you got married? Egypt, India or the UAE? If you were not married in Egypt, you need to notarize your marriage in Egypt.

If you give birth overseas (does not matter wherever), you will need to get the birth certificate (whether it's an Emirati birth certificate for a foreigner child born in the UAE, or an Indian birth certificate from the Indian embassy).

You will need to register it in Egypt. Steps are as follows

1- If the birth certificate is in Arabic OR English

a- Notarize the birth certificate from the Egyptian embassy where the baby was born.

b- bring it over to Egypt, register it in Civil Status Authority, and get the Egyptian birth certificate.

2- If it is in another language (such as Hindi)

an additional step is to translate to Arabic or English, and notarize it from the Indian Embassy in Egypt, then Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Egypt, then proceed as above.

In all cases your child is Egyptian. Do not worry.

http://www.moiegypt.gov.eg/English/Depa … efault.htm and you can call the Egyptian embassy in Abu Dhabi and ask them

Thank u egyptian brother for ur kind reply, I was married in egypt at al. Shahr al aqary, and my marriage cdertificate is stamped from the court, indian embassy in cairo and ministry of foreign affairs both the egyptian and the emirat and the egyptian embassy in emiratesi, but my child will be born here in uae, That's why am confused, he will have emirati birth certificate then indian birth certificate and indian passport, so now he can be egyptian also, although india don't permit dual nationality so what would be the situation? Shd I do something here in the egyptian embassy, Allah bless u and many thanks

lozaleno wrote:

Thank u egyptian brother for ur kind reply, I was married in egypt at al. Shahr al aqary, and my marriage cdertificate is stamped from the court, indian embassy in cairo and ministry of foreign affairs both the egyptian and the emirat and the egyptian embassy in emiratesi, but my child will be born here in uae, That's why am confused, he will have emirati birth certificate then indian birth certificate and indian passport, so now he can be egyptian also, although india don't permit dual nationality so what would be the situation? Shd I do something here in the egyptian embassy, Allah bless u and many thanks

You made your and my life easier with your answer

First thing first : your marriage contract is more than enough

Second thing : Your steps to get your child's Egyptian birth certificate can be one of the following two, and I will explain the pros and cons of each

Method #1 :

1- Obtain Emirati birth certificate

2- Stamp Emirati birth certificate from the Egyptian embassy in the UAE

3- Go ahead to Abbaseyya square in Egypt, Civil Status Authority head office, take your ID, original Emirati B.C (stamped by the embassy), original and copy of marriage contract, and your newborn will get his Egyptian birth certificate ASAP.

P.S: Any relative up to second degree can do it. I registered my two nephews myself.

Pros : Faster time ..... Whole process will take few days.

Cons : A step must be done in Egypt, however you can mail the documents to a relative to do it for you.

Method #2 :

2- Head to the Egyptian embassy and request a birth certificate for your child

Pros : No travel needed, less number of steps

Cons : can take months (literally !) for step 2.

-----------------------

Now B.C or no B.C, your child is Egyptian by law, not registering him will not deprive him of his blood right to citizenship

Moreover, Egypt does not notify other countries upon granting citizenship (whether to naturally born dual-citizen Egyptians like your child, OR to naturalized dual-citizens, like wives of Egyptians by naturalization)

So if you make him Egyptian, government of India will never know about it (wink!) ...... Just he/she need to avoid travelling to India with the Egyptian passport.

Really don't know how to thank u, many thanks for all info u gave to me :) may Allah bless and reward u..u removed my stress, thanks a lot!

Hello dear brother am back now to ask a question urgently, now my baby is born and we got 2 B.C in english and arabic and indian embassy also issued a B.C in english , the emirati B.C were stamped from emirati ministry of foreign affairs the problem that indian embassy asked us to get NOC paper from egyptian embassy in abu dhabi to prove that we didn't issue the baby any documents from egypt or so..and we did it, now he had an indian passport and I forgot that u told me we have to attest his arabic B.C from egyptian embassy now am travelling 2 egypt tomorrow and didn't do it :( they gave him visa only one month for egypt :S and now am stuck I thought I will make his egyptian B.C so I can stay as I like, can u olz advise now about that situation? Can I still get him B.C from egypt without stamping in egyptian embassy? Suppose not, can I take the indian B.C and stamp it from indian embassy in egypt? Or can I apply the emirati B.C directly??? Suppose I couldn't make this step on my current visit, how 2 extend his stay with me?? Regarding the egyptian passport if I got him one how can I use it when the abu dhabi residence visa stamo is already on the indian passport so the egyptian passport will be without the emirati residence visa so I cannot use it to travel from UAE to egypt and vice versa, plz help and thank u :)

Also can my husband stamp it and mail it 2 me? But am afraid now egyptian embassy will not stamp it because the issued a NOC letter before, as my son is egyptian anyway then why I needed visa and even they gave only one month and single entry :(, now I have 2 go to tahrir square to get him residence of 5 years or something :(

Alternative route :

You already attested it from the Emirati Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Attest it from the Emirati Embassy in Cairo (200 EGP for next day service, 300 EGP for same day service) , then Egyptian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (11 EGP for immediate service), then head to Civil Status Authority head office (as per my previous post).

P.S: This can be done using either English or Arabic certificates.

P.P.S: Screw the Egyptian 1-month visa, you have a BC, you are Egyptian and this is your son. They cannot deport him or fine him for overstaying.

P.P.P.S: The process above will take 1 day (Emirati embassy) + 1 day (Egyptian MoFA) + 3-5 days (Civil Status Authority) + 3 days (getting a passport).

P.P.P.P.S: Screw the NOC. The Egyptian government certified it DID NOT issue a document, not that it WILL NOT. DID is the keyword here.

More answers to follow, give me a few minutes :)

To sum up

1- English attested BC by the Emirati MoFA is fine. You will just need two more stamps in Cairo from the Emirati Embassy + Egyptian MoFA.

2- Extending the stay : just present his BC as a son of an Egyptian citizen and he's eligible for five-year residence.

3- Re having two passports and living in UAE, there is NO problem.

He can keep the residence visa on the Indian passport, when travelling from UAE to India he can travel on the Indian passport, when travelling from UAE to Egypt, he can exit UAE on the Indian passport, enter Egypt on the Egyptian passport (or even enter on the Indian passport WITHOUT a visa by showing the Egyptian passport), then again exit Egypt on the passport he's entered Egypt with, enter UAE with Indian passport.

Another choice is to transfer the residence visa over (costs around 400-500 AED, and yes I live now in the UAE so I can advise about processes here too LOL) ..... So there is no problem whatsoever.

4- Whoever told you your son needs a visa is a total idiot. Producing any document proving a parent's Egyptian citizenship is enough to acquire access to Egypt for six month free residence visa granted upon arrival (called the "of Egyptian origin" visa), granted to those born to Egyptian fathers, or to those born to Egyptian mothers after 14/7/2004 (when the new citizenship law allowing mothers to convey citizenship took effect).

Thank u for ur precious reply, so it means we could travel without visa even? So why the egyptian embassy gave one month visa?? Another question plz how can I exit UAE on one passport and enter egypt on another? And also can I re enter UAE on the passport I exit?? So I only use the egyptian passport to enter and exit egypt without UAE is involved??? Also plzwhere I should present his emirati B.C so I have the right 4 him to stay and his right as egyptian?? Thx 4 help have a good day :)

I mean UAE is not involved to ask when u exit what was ur destination or from where u came back???

lozaleno wrote:

Thank u for ur precious reply, so it means we could travel without visa even? So why the egyptian embassy gave one month visa?? Another question plz how can I exit UAE on one passport and enter egypt on another? And also can I re enter UAE on the passport I exit?? So I only use the egyptian passport to enter and exit egypt without UAE is involved??? Also plzwhere I should present his emirati B.C so I have the right 4 him to stay and his right as egyptian?? Thx 4 help have a good day :)

1- Yes you could, but you have to present the original BC each time.

2- Maybe you did not tell the visa officer in the Egyptian embassy that the boy is of Egyptian origin.

3- You can do that. Exit one country on a passport, enter the destination on another passport. For instance, my friend who is Egyptian-British, exits Egypt on the Egyptian passport, enters the UK on the British one ......etc. Yes you can exit UAE on Indian passport, enter Egypt on Egyptian passport, then when returning to UAE exit Egypt on Egyptian passport, enter UAE on Indian passport.

4- As I said, the Emirati BC is already attested by the Emirati MoFA, you need to attest it in the Emirati embassy in Cairo, then the Egyptian MoFA, then you have to register it in the Egyptian Civil Status Authority, after a few days your son will have an Egyptian national ID Number (14 digit number we all have on our ID cards/passports), and a record in the system and accordingly you can go to ANY Civil Status office (in any police station) and print as many copies of his Egyptian BC.

Present the original Egyptian BC to the visa officer in Cairo airport upon both entry and exit and he can stay as long as he wants to.

By the way my name is written in his passport as his mother,.I can show his B.C also so they will give entry visa on arrival or something??

lozaleno wrote:

I mean UAE is not involved to ask when u exit what was ur destination or from where u came back???

You can tell them he came back from Egypt, if they ask for the exit stamp you can show them the exit stamp on the Egyptian passport. This is perfectly legal, well known and allowed.

For example suppose you are an Egyptian American, living in the UAE with the residence visa on the American passport, and you want to travel to Sudan or Syria or any country where an Egyptian passport has access but the American has no access. You can exit UAE on the American passport (you always have to enter/exit UAE on the passport that has your residence visa) then enter Sudan (for example) on the Egyptian passport, then vice versa

lozaleno wrote:

By the way my name is written in his passport as his mother,.I can show his B.C also so they will give entry visa on arrival or something??

Yes provided it is original Egyptian BC, or Original non-Egyptian (but attested by Egyptian authorities) BC.

They saw his B.C in the embassy here n they gave visa still!!!!, if I showed now the emiratiB.C in airport we can stay as we like same or not?

lozaleno wrote:

They saw his B.C in the embassy here n they gave visa still!!!!, if I showed now the emiratiB.C in airport we can stay as we like same or not?

No idea. but anyways, as I said earlier, even if you enter Egypt with the 1-month visa, before the month ends you will have the Egyptian BC and Egyptian passport, because the timelines are:

1- Emirati embassy attestation : 1 day (or pay an additional 100 EGP and get it in 3 hours !)
2- Egyptian Ministry of Foreign Affairs attestation : Immediately (1 day max)
3- Egyptian Civil Status Authority registration : 3-5 days
4- Printing the BC after registration :5 minutes !
5- Egyptian Passport : 3 days

Even before the passport step, once you have the Egyptian BC (step 4 - total 7-10 days including weekends !) , if you stay more than a month, just show it to the Egyptian immigration officer at Cairo airport upon exit, and he won't fine you.

lozaleno wrote:

The Egyptian embassy is full of incompetent retards who are hired on humanitarian *sniff* grounds as their mental handicap wouldn't even allow them to beg for money in the streets.

Really. Thank u 4 ur help last question now I will inshallah issue his egyptian B.C so in future I don't need to get him visa 4 visiting egypt but my question is when I show them the egyptian B.C without egyptian passport they will allow him??? Suppose I made the passport too and I made UAE exit on indian passport and wanted 2 enter egypt with the egyptian passport which doesn't contain the UAE exit stamp , in cairo airport they won't object or asking where is the exit stamp on the exyptian passport??,,, thx a lot! Have a nice evening :)

And now 4 the current situation the emirati B.C without egyptian stamp is useless and we cannot enter with it :(:(

The Egyptian wrote:
lozaleno wrote:

You made your and my life easier with your answer

First thing first : your marriage contract is more than enough

Second thing : Your steps to get your child's Egyptian birth certificate can be one of the following two, and I will explain the pros and cons of each

Method #1 :

2- Stamp Emirati birth certificate from the Egyptian embassy in the UAE

3- Go ahead to Abbaseyya square in Egypt, Civil Status Authority head office, take your ID, original Emirati B.C (stamped by the embassy), original and copy of marriage contract, and your newborn will get his Egyptian birth certificate ASAP.

P.S: Any relative up to second degree can do it. I registered my two nephews myself.

Pros : Faster time ..... Whole process will take few days.

Cons : A step must be done in Egypt, however you can mail the documents to a relative to do it for you.

Method #2 :

2- Head to the Egyptian embassy and request a birth certificate for your child

Pros : No travel needed, less number of steps

Cons : can take months (literally !) for step 2.

-----------------------

Now B.C or no B.C, your child is Egyptian by law, not registering him will not deprive him of his blood right to citizenship

Moreover, Egypt does not notify other countries upon granting citizenship (whether to naturally born dual-citizen Egyptians like your child, OR to naturalized dual-citizens, like wives of Egyptians by naturalization)

So if you make him Egyptian, government of India will never know about it (wink!) ...... Just he/she need to avoid travelling to India with the Egyptian passport.

After you obtain the Birth certificate you have to go to the UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs located in rightly near the Egyptian and Omani Embassy.

Only then the Egyptian embassy will stamp it. Make sure to go to the ministry in good time, because it is always packed.

Dear brother, I made the stamp from UAE ministry of foreign affairs but I didn't stamp from egyptian embassy and unfortunatelly am travelling tomorrow,  thx 4 ur help I have to go through the steps all in egypt then...best regards :)

ExpEgypt wrote:

After you obtain the Birth certificate you have to go to the UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs located in rightly near the Egyptian and Omani Embassy.

Only then the Egyptian embassy will stamp it. Make sure to go to the ministry in good time, because it is always packed.

One route is as you say (Emirati MoFA --> Egyptian Embassy in UAE), another route is Emirati MoFA --> Emirati Embassy in Egypt --> Egyptian MoFA. Both are valid.

lozaleno wrote:

Dear brother, I made the stamp from UAE ministry of foreign affairs but I didn't stamp from egyptian embassy and unfortunatelly am travelling tomorrow,  thx 4 ur help I have to go through the steps all in egypt then...best regards :)

insha Allah all will be well

Thank u :) GOD bless u

i am egyptian i have two month baby .i want to travel to egypt.what papers i should have for him to enter the country

smileface wrote:

i am egyptian i have two month baby .i want to travel to egypt.what papers i should have for him to enter the country

Nothing. His birth certificate and your Egyptian passport are enough to grant the baby an "Of Egyptian Origin" visa, which is free, granted upon arrival and is valid for 6 months.

For the registration as an Egyptian citizen you will have to notarize it from the Egyptian consulate in NY, then you will just go to Abbaseyya to register him and that's it.

But he needs a passport to travel...

Geely wrote:

But he needs a passport to travel...

I thought that goes without saying lol.

lozaleno wrote:

Could you give us an update on how things went?

Deaar brother thx 4 ur caring, actually I did very stupid thing I forgot the baby B.C!!! Imagine!!! But we stayed as welike and nobody talek. In the airport n just came back 2 UAE, next time inshallah will take the arabic BC and stamp it from egy embassy so will grant free entry and stay thanks. a lot