Introducing myself: a Greek expat in Greece!

Hello everyone!

I am Thomas. I am Greek and I have lived abroad for many years (Italy - England).

The funny thing is I somehow feel expat even now in Greece...It is hard for me to communicate with most of the Greeks around me. It is like we are tuned in different frequencies...

I don't know, maybe it's the current Greek Mega crisis...

I would love to meet people. I am very interested in Astrology, Psychology, Philosophy.

Bye!

Hello Thomas!

I'm guessing that you have come to live pemanently in Greece, that's why you want to try to "fit in" with Greeks, right?!

It is true, that Greeks have their own way of talking, thinking and behaving...as every other Country's people do.

Having lived many years abroad, as you mentioned, you are used to a specific way of thinking, talking and interacting with other people. I think it is normal to feel a bit untuned, but just think that it is much easier for you to fit in again (since you have roots here) than any other person you was born and brought up in another COuntry and comes here for the first time to live and work.
The optimistic thought in your case would be "it could be worse" :)

Anyway, i don't know where you plan to stay, or what plans you have. If you need any help, just shout out...i'll hear you!

Thank you so much!

I think only like minded people communicate. And the more "sensible" you are the harder to communicate. The more "raw" you are the easier...

I think something goes wrong with the vibrations of the current Greek society. They are rather "low" and if you are tuned in a little higher frequency it is hard to find like minded people. OK societies are composed of "masses" and masses tend to tune in low frequencies, I know...But Greece of the '50's and '60's was tuned in much higher frequencies (I can feel that through the music, the movies, the books of that period). So, even the overall frequence of the societies change and the vibes of today's Greece are much lower than they used to be...but maybe this is universal...Our friends coming from other countries what do they think on this?

Not that I don't find at all like minded people in Greece... I do sometimes and then I really revel (like now, in here)...

Thank you and God bless you!

Well...i can't compare nowadays situation with the one back in the '50's or '60's, cause i wasn't born back then :)
...but i can definitely see differences between today and 5, 10 or 15 years ago.
A few months ago i travelled abroad, stayed there only 6 days and when i came back...wow...let's say i was shocked in many levels and aspects (bu our situation, not the one abroad!).
So, i can't imagine what a shock it may have been to you, who lived abroad for many years as you said.

As for the movies, music and books...yes, i also believe that the older the better. I tell myself that all this modern staff nowadays just doesn't suit me and always believed that i should have lived in a different era...or in a different country today.

Since none of this is happening (although i am considering the last aspect), it is better to try and adjust at some level...

Sure, there are others somewhere out there who think and feel the same as you...it's just difficult to find them in the mass...just don't loose hope...things happen...

Hi Starsoul,

I am from Vancouver Canada and doing my wellness business from Dubai. Recently opened my business in Greek, thought to share more about my opportunity and inform you of one of the biggest event taking place in Athens.

Looking forward to your reply

Regards

Ghani