Car in Aarhus

Hi all

I'm a French postdoc coming to Aarhus in next September for 2 years, and I've got a few questions about cars in Denmark - I realize that there have been quite a number of similar demands on the forum but as the regulation seems to change quite rapidely I'd need some up to date infos. Also, I'm often answered that in Dk cars are not useful - when, in my specific case it is something essential ...

Hence my questions are:

> very first of all, is that true that cars without an automatic lighting system are rejected by the technical check? Anything else that could prevent a French car from passing?

> I'm considering buying a used car in Aarhus - a small one like a Clio or similar with ~ 100 000km. How much should I expect to spend to buy one in correct state? some retailers list that kind of car for about 2500-3000 euros, is that correct?

> About taxes: there's a ownership transfer tax to pay when buying a used car but nothing about how much it costs. Any tip about it? (SKAT asks me 50euros prior to answer that question!!) Do professional retailer usually include that tax in the retail price or not?

> overall for a small car how much should I expect to spend in taxes when buying it?

> are used car retailers trustable in Denmark? I mean, in France I would never, never trust a retailer telling me that a car is in a good condition without checking myself & thoroughly the maintenance history... How is it there??

> any further tips?

Many thanks about any answer to any of these questions :o))))

Jean Yves (Fr)

Salut Jean
Est ce qu'on peu se voir un jour pour prendre un café et discuter un peux?
Mom email [email protected]
Ridha

Hi Ridha, could you please post in English in this Anglophone forum?

Thanks,
Harmonie.;)