Background of Jonathan Gray...for the record and to introduce myself..

Dear Cyprus/Limassol blog forum, I have been coming to Cyprus now for 50 years since I was at school in Dhekalia when my parents were posted here from 62 to 1966, we had a marvelous time as the island was still in one piece and we used to travel from Famagusta where we lived to Kyrenia and the lovely beaches of the panhandle...those were the days, eh !! Anyway, my folks decided to retire here in the 70's and bought a traditional village house in Nata village near Paphos, which we still own to this day. I traveled back and forth many times to see the old folks usually twice a year since then.
Tragically, however my father died in 1982 and recently my mother passed away at the age of 83.......the saying 'Et in Arcadia ego' has never rung more true, as this paradise island has been the source of all my pleasure and pain since I was a child.
I have recently moved permanently to Cyprus and have a job and a flat in Limassol, we go to the house in Nata for weekends to relax and catch some fresh country air and take in the views and local scenery. The village hasn't changed much in the last 30 or so years......apart from the new stone walls ( at least it's an improvement)

Hello Jonathan Gray.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Thank you for this introduction.

Aurélie