Posters that saying apartment for rent in towns?

I think i did read somewhere on a Swedish forum that it is usual to see posters in Malta in different cities saying like "Rent this apartment - €250/month".

Can anyone living there confirm this?

Reason for asking is that i might buy room in a Hostel for 2-3 days and just go there and find an apartment on my own instead of dealing with an Real Estate firm. And in that way i doesn't need to pay the "finders fee" and also see with my own eyes. :D

http://content.answcdn.com/main/content/img/shutterstock/h/o/house_for_rent_sign.jpg

Thanks!
Robin /Moving soooooon! :)

Not really seen that myself, but you can always find an apartment without going through agents.

The local paper, websites, bars, word of mouth etc etc etc.

Julian

scubaboy wrote:

Not really seen that myself, but you can always find an apartment without going through agents.

The local paper, websites, bars, word of mouth etc etc etc.

Julian

Thank you very much.
Are there any websites you can share, i found http://www.maltapark.com/ so far.

www.timesofmalta.com is the main page for the local paper

whilst wandering round the various towns villages etc you will always see direct from owner to let signs and a phone number just give them a call....

Thanks both for reply, since i already started a thread i can ask one more question.
Do many apartments owners prefer payment for the bill/water/elec in cash? I donŽt use a regular bank-account first months so i would like to pay cash. I think it would be better for them to! :)

Gbgzer wrote:

Thanks both for reply, since i already started a thread i can ask one more question.
Do many apartments owners prefer payment for the bill/water/elec in cash? I donŽt use a regular bank-account first months so i would like to pay cash. I think it would be better for them to! :)

most prefer it that way....as its harder to trace....lol

just keep track of what you pay, check your consumption and do your research regarding billing and rates of charges....as some (not all) do try to overcharge newcomers....by producing their own bills... which could be quite different to what the actual bills are...its one of the first questions you should ask regarding billing and charges

toonarmy9752 wrote:
Gbgzer wrote:

most prefer it that way....as its harder to trace....lol

just keep track of what you pay, check your consumption and do your research regarding billing and rates of charges....as some (not all) do try to overcharge newcomers....by producing their own bills... which could be quite different to what the actual bills are...its one of the first questions you should ask regarding billing and charges

Thanks for info, very useful.
I'm a bit scared of this scenario where the owners overcharge.
But i will not use any AC so i think a maximum of €100/month in electrics/water/gas is OK.

I think 100 Eur/month is to much for one person. I pay for water/ electricity 50 Eur/month. Gas you buy by yourself from the gasman.

Fritz

www.fritz-grimm.de wrote:

I think 100 Eur/month is to much for one person. I pay for water/ electricity 50 Eur/month. Gas you buy by yourself from the gasman.

Fritz

Thank you for answer, so i can count like €50 on that + €25 on Internet.
+ the rent for apartment.

The best website is justlanded.com . I got into a lovely old appartment this way for less than 200 euros. If you want to know more or are interested to share a room, write me privately.

MattM wrote:

The best website is justlanded.com . I got into a lovely old appartment this way for less than 200 euros. If you want to know more or are interested to share a room, write me privately.

Hi, yes i found out this website some days ago actually.
Yes i would like to know more about your apartment, how many rooms?

Thanks, Robin :)