How long it might take to get a job?

Hi
I may be moving to Dublin on work permit soon. My wife who is a S/W professional will move with me (quitting her current job).

While I'm aware of the difficult job market in Ireland right now, still, can some 1 give me an idea on how long it might take to get a job?
Both of us are non EU citizens and require the work permit as well as the visa before we can enter & work in Ireland.

Rgds!

Hi Puns and welcome to Expat.com!

A new thread has been created on Dublin forum for better visibility.;)

Do not hesitate to browse through the different threads of the forum, it may help.

Wish you all the best,
Harmonie.

Puns wrote:

Hi
I may be moving to Dublin on work permit soon. My wife who is a S/W professional will move with me (quitting her current job).

While I'm aware of the difficult job market in Ireland right now, still, can some 1 give me an idea on how long it might take to get a job?
Both of us are non EU citizens and require the work permit as well as the visa before we can enter & work in Ireland.

Rgds!

Hello,

Since your wife is a S/W professional from India too, I think it won't be difficult for her to find a job especially when she is in Ireland.

On the other hand, she might never find a job for a reason or another.

Good luck ;)

Hi Puns,

Welcome to Expat-Blog.

The time will really depend about the working experience you and your wife have.

Based from the information you already provided, it sounds positive so you shouldn't be worried.

As long as your CV are correctly written and you are highly motivated, the time to find a job could be really short.

For me it was a week but just because I had many propositions and I chose the one which fit me the most, otherwise it took me 3 days ^^

There are many websites likes jobs.ie, dublinwork.com; LinkedIn, Monster.ie but my favorite one stays Irishjobs.ie ^^

As Chrisfus mentioned, it really depends the job you're looking for, your working experience and your financial expectations indeed.

If you're well organized, I'm probably sure to hear some goods news from you very soon ;)

Best of luck ! :)

Kind Regards,

Portgas D. Ace
(R.)