Martial Arts in Riyadh

Hi,

I am looking for a place to start a class and/or conduct personal Martial Arts training.

I am a 4th Degree Black Belt (Sensei) in Okinawan Shorin Ryu Karate and a 6th Degree in the US Marine Corps Martial Art Program (MCMAP). I lived in Okinawa, Japan for 8.5 years, where I studied and taught Karate with the AOSKKF and competed in full contact karate and professional kickboxing.  I also established the MCMAP Far East School and ran the USMC Martial Art Center of Excellence (MACE) in Quantico, Va.  I have taught seminars in the US and internationally and have trained with some of the top Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) coaches. I have also trained in Judo and Jujitsu.

Types of training available include:
Traditional Karate (under the AOSKKF)
Combatives
Self Defense
Kick Boxing
MMA

Kids 8-15
Adults
Family classes

If you know of anyone or group interested...

Hi, you can find a lot of disciplines taught by different clubs in Power House Dojo in Batha. You may inquire there and for sure a lot of students will be interested.

Location Map: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Power-Ho … 0352028688

Hi Traveller5,

You should post your ad in the Riyadh classifieds > classes section.

Thank you.

Traveller5 wrote:

Hi,

I am looking for a place to start a class and/or conduct personal Martial Arts training.

I am a 4th Degree Black Belt (Sensei) in Okinawan Shorin Ryu Karate and a 6th Degree in the US Marine Corps Martial Art Program (MCMAP). I lived in Okinawa, Japan for 8.5 years, where I studied and taught Karate with the AOSKKF and competed in full contact karate and professional kickboxing.  I also established the MCMAP Far East School and ran the USMC Martial Art Center of Excellence (MACE) in Quantico, Va.  I have taught seminars in the US and internationally and have trained with some of the top Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) coaches. I have also trained in Judo and Jujitsu.

Combatives
Self Defense
Kick Boxing
MMA

Kids 8-15
Adults
Family classes

I am interested.... Please let me know about your programs and etc..

me too
Shaheer

I'm possibly moving out there in the next month. If you're looking for any sparring partners, i am trained in and competed in boxing, muay thai,bjj,kali and jeet kune do concepts.

I'm looking for martial art classes for my 3.5 son! Would love something that mum and dad can attend.  Please help!

Thanks
Naseem :)

Thanks for the replies, I am still looking for a location and will keep you informed of when a class will start.

sounds interesting. how about a cupa coffee sometime?

Salman Omrani wrote:

yeah right good ideaa ,, lets have a coffee together sometime n discuss.. :)

khanshahmir wrote:
Salman Omrani wrote:

Huh? :blink:

I'm interested.... let me when when u start...

Salman Omrani wrote:
khanshahmir wrote:
Salman Omrani wrote:

Huh? :blink:

why soo confuse ??

is this going for martial arts or going on a date ?

Traveller5 wrote:

Hi,

Combatives
Self Defense
Kick Boxing
MMA

Kids 8-15
Adults
Family classes

youkoso irrashaimashita sensei. boku wa Shotokan ni shodan senshu desu.

I am a black belt Karate student certified by the JKS (Japan karate federation). I used to train and assist with my Sensei (rokudan) at the intercontinental hotel at the basement club. my sensei have ended his contract 4 months ago and as far as I know, I believe that there arent anymore training being held at the training dojo there. unfortunately they arent many good places for dojo training here in Riyadh as before, so It would be a good chance for you to try to startup Martial Art training there.

I have also trained kickboxing before as well as I am training Shotokan karate and it would be interesting to know more about Shorin Ryu as part of the (WUKF) and from your wild knowledge in Martial Arts.

hopefully that you would be in touch for any questions or updates regarding to your training... Ossu!

i'll be interested in the classes for my 7 year old son.

do let me know if and when they start

Hi,

I'm also interested.  I'm currently learning MMA in the UK and will be arriving in Riyadh in November 2012.

Hi,

Indeed it is a good oppurtunaty to learn from you.
I am sure children and as well as adult will learn from you.

Once you are ready with your programs just inform us we will meet you and decide about joing the class.

you may contact me through [email protected]

Thanks,
Kamran

Hi,

Jujitsu sounds interisting.

Ash

i am in and very much interested to learn

Hi,

I'm very much interested. Please let me know whenever registering is possible.

Also, Please let us know if you provide private classes since we are a group of 3-5 people.

cheers,
noah

Welcome Back Traveller5

Count me IN ( i prefer MMA ) ; i dont mind little dirt  too

Hope you find a location soon :)

All,

I was stuck in the US over Eid, due to Hurricane Sandy, but I am now back in Riyadh, caught up on work and ready to start work on getting training started.

I am very encouraged by the amount of interest showed on the forum and emails and working with a Saudi friend on establishing a training location / facility. 

I have been teaching private classes for small groups in the mean time.  Until weget a place set up, if you have a group or location, we can work something out.  For Karate and Kick Boxing any clean flat area will work, I am teaching a karate class on a tennis court, a racquetball court would work for around 15 people.  For MMA/BJJ a matted or carpeted area is needed, or grass, if you don't mind getting a little dirty.

Anyone can start, regardless of your current condition, as long as you are healthy.  Training is tailored to the individual; we will work to your level and push you a little further utilizing positive reinforcement in accordance with your ability.  This is not the MCMAP training you will see in one of the videos below.

Here is a little more background on some of my training:

paradisewarriorretreat.com/page_instr.html

winjutsu.com/seminars/combatives.htm

military.com/join-armed-forces/military-ken-shamrock.html

are you still having these classes if you are how can i join ?

Hi,
Did you guys start the class? I'm interested in joining up!
-Syed

have you started already? [Moderated: Please psot in Housing section]

Let me know

thanks
Sabri

hi Traveller5, i am a saudi guy. i can help you find a place for your project!!!
if you are interested
call me at 0569184688
by the way my name is abdullah

I would be interested if a martial arts school opened up. I have a blackbelt in Kickboxing, but haven't trained for about 8 years now... Rather out of shape truth be told!

keep me posted!

Regards

Tim

Iam interested to practice if u have a dojo.
iam a black belt in budokan karate, silver medalist in wuko aisa intercontinental championship apart from other titles.
please let me know if you take classes anywhere in riyadh.
thanks

Hi,

I am interested. Please let me know if you have started.

Thanx

Marsydo

Hi,
I am interested in your MMA program....When and where can I join?

I am interested.... Please let me know about your programs and etc...
I want to join as soon as possible,
Contact me please or leave your Contact number.
My contact number is 00966-568391697 Haseeb Ahmed

[Moderated: please communicate by PM]

Hello traveller.
What's the update?
Do you have a Dojo yet?
if yes, where is it? how can I contact you?
I used to train Shotokan for many years.
I'd like to get back into martial arts again.
Please give me some good news.

(Moderated)

Unfortunately, I am moving to Tabuk at the end of the month and have stopped teaching classes in Riyadh.

hello; are you still in Riyadh? Are you able to teach younger kids?

please call me  0569877481

Are you a Filipino Trainer.  My male boss wants a trainer for his kids in Martial Arts.  Do you conduct home training?

hello liza v.

You may post an advert in the Sports classes in Riyadh. It may help.

Thanks

Karen :)

[Moderated: pls post in Riyadh classes classifieds]