Food consumption in Mauritius?

Any idea about the difficulties we may face in mauritius in terms of food consumption and health care facilities

What about the mauritian people? are they friendly?

The entertainment available and all

Please shed some light

Thankss

Hello Celline Jait.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Maybe you can give us a small introduction.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Celline Jait wrote:

Any idea about the difficulties we may face in mauritius in terms of food consumption and health care facilities

What about the mauritian people? are they friendly?

The entertainment available and all

Please shed some light

Thankss

Difficulties in food consumption?? You can get most items of food here, Mauritian food is great - we have eaten at top restaurants and from street vendors - local cafe's - all been good :)

Health care facilities? most of us have private medical cover - although I have never used it yet - but I have used the local Government hospital and although they are not the same as the Western style one's, the service was great - I went to accident and Emergency for a dog bite (friends dog) I was dealt with immediately, tetanus shot (new needle) and antibiotics - no charge, I was worried about infection as I am diabetic but all went well and wound healed beautifully.

Mauritian people friendly? - I have not yet met one unfriendly Mauritian - they are very friendly, helpful and welcoming but then you must be too - remember - this is their Country and you are a guest:)

Entertainment - The social life here is great because the weather is so good, our social life revolves around friends and outside get together's - we thought we had a busy social life in the UK but we are much busier here ;)

We go to restaurants, see groups playing in local bars and hotels, daytime again as the weather is so good involves being outside - lots of water sports, bbq's on the beach, sundowners etc.

Good luck :)