Ohh you INTERVIEWERS !!! why you people like this !!!

why why why !!

Every interview I go for,,, tell me something about yourself tell me tell me !!! I cant say much !!

you FREAKS of OFFICE !!!! i dont have Experience :( i am only 20 !!

why is it so that every one wants eXperience only here... sad !!

When will i find an appropriate job here :(

Help ? Anyone ?? be my Vasta ?? Recommend me somewhere lol

The interviewer is unprofessional, he should be aware before inviting you to an interview what is your grade your qualification and experience, and ask you relevant questions.

Hello Melwin15. :)

Have you tried to post an advert in the Jobs in Dubai section? It may help.

You can read these articles on Work in Dubai as well.

All the best in your research,
Aurélie

Your frustration is understandable, especially at your age.  In life one of the most important characteristics one needs to have is patience, even if it means some irritation.  You have probably just completed your education or in the middle of it, so do not worry, there is adequate time for you.

Coming to the interviews:  Work Experience and Qualifications do play some role, but not all of it is adequate to be employed.  One's personal attributes, behaviour and attidue carries a lot more weight.  Hence the question 'tell us about yourself'.  This is an inevitable question in almost all interviews, because this is the great opportunity for the candidate to present his entire profile from a behavioural and attitude point of view.  This is the chance to convey you will add a good value to the company or its teams.  No harm in offering to work as an apprentice or a trainee, if the organization is reputable, because this is how you build your 'experience' side of your CV.

Before you go for an interview, do some homework about the company, their business and any known achievements, including social contributions and so on.  When you refer to these in your 'telling about yourself', the interviewer will listen to you with more interest.

Be patient and courageous.  You have a great future ahead!

bouli85 wrote:

The interviewer is unprofessional, he should be aware before inviting you to an interview what is your grade your qualification and experience, and ask you relevant questions.

I agree !!

Aurélie wrote:

Hello Melwin15. :)

Have you tried to post an advert in the Jobs in Dubai section? It may help.

You can read these articles on Work in Dubai as well.

All the best in your research,
Aurélie

Yes i did try Aurelie x) no help :(

Thanks though :)

It comes down to the position you're applying for.. I hate to say it, but you need to start from the bottom unless you have a connection within a corporation... But then again, I have absolutely no idea of the positions you're applying for.

Don't give up, you'll find something eventually... and keep in mind, you'll always learn something from each unsuccessful interview... life's one big lesson!

What i used to do as when i was a fresher, attending interviews. I used to by-heart a big essay on this title. one or two pages. I knew this is one most commonly asked question. So when they are asking this question. I'll start the essay from the first. in normal speed by just pretending that i am thinking and searching for sentences, but with out giving much pause between sentences. so it will take around 10 - 15 minutes. and most of the places you can use the same.

I think this is the best advise.

mjrv wrote:

Your frustration is understandable, especially at your age.  In life one of the most important characteristics one needs to have is patience, even if it means some irritation.  You have probably just completed your education or in the middle of it, so do not worry, there is adequate time for you.

Coming to the interviews:  Work Experience and Qualifications do play some role, but not all of it is adequate to be employed.  One's personal attributes, behaviour and attidue carries a lot more weight.  Hence the question 'tell us about yourself'.  This is an inevitable question in almost all interviews, because this is the great opportunity for the candidate to present his entire profile from a behavioural and attitude point of view.  This is the chance to convey you will add a good value to the company or its teams.  No harm in offering to work as an apprentice or a trainee, if the organization is reputable, because this is how you build your 'experience' side of your CV.

Before you go for an interview, do some homework about the company, their business and any known achievements, including social contributions and so on.  When you refer to these in your 'telling about yourself', the interviewer will listen to you with more interest.

Be patient and courageous.  You have a great future ahead!

when the road you're trudging seems all uphill.... do not quit