Indian schools in Accra

my husband has got an offer in accra .i have 2 kids of age 11 and 10.i want to know whether there is any indian schools or school standard equal to indian standard.if u know please reply

Hello peruvijayan.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

A new thread has been created on the Accra forum from your message.

Hope other members will soon give you some useful informations.

Thank you,
Aurélie

I don't think there are any schools that are specifically for Indian children however there are international schools which have a high standard of education. You can choose either an American or British curriculum and then there are French and German schools too. One thing you willneed to keep in mind is the cost. For example just to enrol in the American school you need to pay around $10000 and then it is about $3000 per term for 3 terms. This is OK as long as your husband's company pays for the education of your children!

Yes, there is Indian School (DPS-CBSE) in Tema, the nearest town (35KM) of Accra.

Hi

There is an indian school (Delhi Public School) in Tema...It is quite far away from accra but has school bus facilities.. But it is comparatively cheaper to other schools inside accra. You can find the websites of these schools with the help of google to get more info.

regards

hi ! I am having the same situation as Peruvijayan. I have two sons 10 & 8 and moving into Ghana ( Accra ) in May'13. Looking for some good Indian schools. DPS in Tema, I am not able to get in Google. do you know their website ?

Try dpsghana.com. I just looked up delhi public school ghana.

Thank you so much.

HI ! The website of DPS Ghana is not giving much info on fees structure / School bus facilities from Accra etc. Is there anyone whose kids are studying there ? can you please guide me on the above ?

dps fees are lower than other schools in accra. but where will u be staying ? in accra or in tema ? dps is at tema not in accra.

sorry for the delayed response.I did visit the schhols in Accra and also DPS in Tema. yet to decide on. But I will be staying in Accra and not in Tema.

if you would be staying in Accra, then do you want your child to travel 70 kms per day from accra to tema. as such level of education care is not upto mark in other schools also. but go for dps if you think you must put child into an indian school; other wise find schools in accra itself. level of students, teachers and study are questionable though..

Thanks. I have decided on Ghana International School finally for both my sons.

can you please tell about the fee structure in Ghana International School?

I have tried to find the fee structure but you need to get it from the school itself. I know it is pretty expensive though. The American International School was in the region of US$10000 per term and GIS will be similar or even more

[Moderated: Out of subject. Please stay in line with the topic of the discussion. Thank you.]

Hi, Could anybody tell me about Delhi Public School(DPS) in Accra as I would be shifting there in next 2-3 months. Here my son is in 10th Standard & studying in DPS.
Any idea about Fee Structure & quality of education?

dpsgh.com is the website but the school is in Tema not Accra. Contact the school for information

Thanks for quick response. I searched on net but no definite information is available on school web site. As I would be staying in Accra so could anybody tell me that how far is the school from Accra & would it be managable for my son to commute the distance.Hope,school buses would be plying between Tema & Accra

It is about 35kms from Accra to Tema. The school may have a bus and how long it would take depends on how close you are to the motorway

Thanks for info...any idea about infrastructure in the school & quality of education as we would be following CBSE(Indian) Syllabus

I am sure the school has contact details so you could ask them. Be aware though it is the summer holidays now so the new school year won't start till August/September. There may be someone who knows the school who can answer your questions

Hi hkann,

Thank you for your contribution :)

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Hi Friends,

I am from Delhi and living in Lagos, Nigeria. I am planning to shift to Accra, Ghana at National Head Level in a company. Need help on the following:

1- The type of accommodation companies normally provide there. Presently I have a 3 bedroom fully furnished flat with all utilities paid by the company.

2- Local expenses on monthly provisions assuming I am presently spending $1500-$1700 for my monthly expenses including groceries + Salary of the maid.

3- General Living conditions like security and availability of Indian Groceries etc.

4- Type of transport normally company provides. Presently I hav a car with driver and all fuel and maintainance paid by the company
Rgds

VIVEK

Surely most of these things you will negotiate with the employer to your satisfaction.
I think you will find Ghana a safer place to live than Nigeria. I would expect your expenses to be similar depending on your lifestyle.

Wow.

Thnx for a quick response.

So I understand the companies there also give all these facilities that I am getting in Nigeria.

Plz add from your side any thing relevant to remember while negotiating with the company for Ghana

Normally. Read the contract carefully and make sure the things you require are covered.

Ok thanx

Hi Vivek how are you?

I am from Delhi too. And we are shifting to Accra next month
Will it possible for you to help and suggestions me in deciding school for my daughter .
I am confused between Ghana int school and Alryan.
If I can connect with you that would be great help.

I hope you can understand the concern and anxiety .
Indian connect
Thanks
Anuradha