Has anyone heard about this consultancy?

Hi Friends,

I'm a telecom professional in India and i've received an offer of 8500 rm per month from a consultancy called terrabit consultancy in malaysia.

Client would be dell and i have 4 years of experience.

Currently i'm getting around 10Lakh per annum.I'm saving around 7L per annum in India.

Can anyone suggest about how much can i save and is it good amount of salary?

Has anyone heard about this consultancy..? They said tax would be around 14% per annum and expenses would be around 1400 rm per month including everything ...is it true?

Annual leaves are 12 only ...they are saying due to more public holidays only 12 leaves can be provided...how far its true??

Any help on this would be highly appreciated.I'm in urgent need of this information to decide if i can move to malaysia or not...

Thanks a lot for your help in advance...:)

Regards
Bala

This aint true... I have been offered same 8500 MYR per month, and my employer told me that tax for first 6 months would be 26%. 7th month onward would be around 400-500 MYR per month.

Not sure about the holidays...

Yeah I know some people manage expenses in just 1K, but in that case you will have to share a room, take public transport and cook your own food etc... so you will not have a great lifestyle in 1400 MYR.

Incase you are saving 7L in India, then I think you are being paid same or even less than your equivalent pay in India.

Hi Bala,

Tax would be 26% for initial six months then it reduces to 11-12%.
I too have heard that there are many public holidays in Malaysia.

For calculating expenses, I would suggest you to Check out property rents in the area you would like to stay on sites like iProperty & PropWall.
Rest all things are cheap & manageable. Rent could be game changer.
Regards

I was offered an amount of 10000 Rm by a health university as I am a dentist by an agency called as Grorich......how far this agency ois reliable and is this salary is sufficient for me to live with my wife and a kid and to save also? I am not a party goer and do not lead a lavish life......

1,400 RM per month is a joke. Ask any Malaysian! Easy to spend a salary like that but a single Indian male focused on work and living cheap might save 3-4k a month RM but not much fun.

10k before tax and kids.... Check out school fees and then have a strong coffee! 2.5 to 3.5k per calander month school fees = can live but save? Hard with all the costs. If employer pays schools fees then of course can save. Btw easy to pay 6k per month for best schools btw Malaysia is very expensive place for schooling (you can't use state schools)

thank u nemodot......but my kid is not in schol going stage..he s just 10 mnths old.....

First 6 month tax is high because you are non-resident here. I will be less once you stay here more than 180 days. Cost of living is not as costly as in India. Education is expensive, since you are having small kid, you shouldn't worry about the education. Rest looks OK. But if you are saving 7L in India why do you want to come here leaving your extended family in India. But neverth less, Malaysia is a beautiful country to stay around.

Surely India is a lot cheaper ! At least compared to KL

If kid 10 months then apart from medical bills then obviously enough if wife looks after kid.