SMC Migration Money Worries.

Hi Guys,

My family and I have been in the process of applying for a Visa for Skilled (Plumber) migration from Scotland to Australia. My original interest was Sydney NSW, as this is where my sister lives with her Australian husband and young daughter. However after 2 attempts at the English test, I failed by half a mark and missed the July cut-off. So I am now in the process of trying to obtain a Visa for Western Australia.
As you can imagine, I have wasted a lot of money and time up to this point. Funds are low.
I have just received an email from the SMC Migration Authority, asking if we have sufficient funds for the first few months of re-settlement ($40,000 AUS) They have not asked for bank statements for verification but I'm assuming they will.
We do not have these funds at this specific time but hope to within a six month period which was our original time-frame. We have asked family and friends to help out but to be honest, no-one has access to that kind of money.

So, I'm hoping to get some advice from any of you lot. I know that both myself and my partner will find employment quickly in Western Australia, all we need to do is get there.

Any advice will be most welcome as we have been given 28 days to reply to the email or our application will be, "withdrawn and finalised accordingly".

Many thanks in advance,

Michael and Collette x

Nobody have that money in cash before to apply the VISA. You can get it just after to sell your house, car, furniture, etc.
Just say you have the money. I did that and it was accepted well.
Just one 3 weeks before travelling to here (Australia) a got the money after to sell my belongings... however, by the time, the VISA had already been granted.

Hope help,
Miguel

Thank you Miguel,

I have received posts by other expats on another site and they say the same as you. I have since replied to the email stating that the money will be available by time of migration.
All I can do now is wait to see what they have to say in return.
Again, thank you for your reply, I'll let you know what they're decision will be when I receive word.

Michael