Permesso question

I need some advice pls, my permesso di soggiorno expired last july 2016 and now im at my home country and im planning to go back, is it possible to renew my soggiorno once i get back to italy? Pls i need som information. Is it still possible to renew it? Thanks!

Hello sir
My permisso di sanjorno expired in 2011
can u plz tell me if I can renew my sanjorno now
Plzz reply
Thanks

If you've already left Italy then you'll need to apply for a visa first for re-entry.

Do you have a job or are you studying? That's quite a long time. If you were a student, you could renew with documents from your school. What visa did you come with?

I don't think you would be easily renew your visa since you weren't renewed it for along unless you will get a job and apply for it again.

Hi all, how long can i travel with the receipt of Permesso de Soggiorno ? My permesso has expired on 2nd Dec 2015. And also my new permesso is ready but am in UK.

I do also have the same question before. The person in charge of retiring the newly renewed soggiorno told me that as long as i have the receipt, there will be no problem. Because they will just keep your soggiorno together with the other newly ones. But i can't remember whether how long they're gonna keep it though.

Dear Haji, As per my information you can use this receipt till the expiry of the resident permit available in their office, because computer will pick your permesso informtion. I got this information while i called the local immigration office at Genova, Italy. But, you have to be careful travel direct to Italy avoiding any transit in the way.

Hi there,

For Antonette
If you overcome 60 days after expiration of your permit of stay you dont have right to renew it again but you have get a new visa from your own country to enter to Italy.

For Haji and Mirfan
The receipt of permit of stay is valid untill the expiration of the new permit of stay, the problem is that it doesnt permit to you security if you have to do a transit travel. So as soon as you pick up the permit of stay it will be better.

I appreciate your answer and thank you for this .

Are you sure of that? Even if i find a job i cant renew it?

Good morning,lawyer please I have italian refugees document and it's expired since 2013 .I was in prison for 2 years. So totally the document is 4 years expire can i renew it again. Because when I was released i left italy to Belgium. Can I go back to renew it please

Good morning,lawyer please I have italian refugees document and it's expired since 2013 .I was in prison for 2 years. So totally the document is 4 years expire can i renew it again. Because when I was released i left italy to Belgium. Can I go back to renew it please

Hello!
I have a question, already saw it in this chat, but no answer(
I am from non-EU country and staying in Italy. My permesso di soggiorno (for volunteering)  expires on 28 June 2017. Can I stay in Italy after permesso expires? for how long can I stay? I will NOT apply for renewing Permesso.

Please I needed urgent advice please, my permessor sorggiorno has expired for 2 months and 3 weeks now, please can I still renew it?? Please help with advice... Thanks

Frère wrote:

No, because, you are in Belgium, probably illegally and two, you went in prison and in Europe, we don't regularize refugees, migrants (legal or not) who have a criminal record, moeover if they made prison.

Hi my permesso di soggiorno is expired and i applied for new but i don't know when i will get it now i want to travell to any other country in europe and can i get a temporary travelling document or what should i do any suggestion thanks in advance

Hi sir I'm turned to 18 years old in this aug I have only familiar visa so can I come to Italy I mean after 18years old ? My familiar visa expired date was 2018 aug  I want to know when I turned to 18 years old can I come to Italy ? Some people are told me when I turned to 18 I cannot come to Italy by familiar visa

i had a permesso di soggiorno valid for 2 years i went home last year and stayed  in phillippines for 1 year now i want to go back in italy on August 15, 2017 my soggiorno expires on 28 i want to asked if i can still go back there in italy please help me..graziemille

weng weng wrote:

i had a permesso di soggiorno valid for 2 years i went home last year and stayed  in phillippines for 1 year now i want to go back in italy on August 15, 2017 my soggiorno expires on 28 i want to asked if i can still go back there in italy please help me..graziemille

No, you abandoned your residence in Italy by being out of the country over 6 months.  You will need to apply for a new visa to enter Italy.

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

I have active permisso that is expiring on September 17 next month but I want to extend my stay . I am currently in Copenhagen , can I extend my stay if the permisso is valid ? And on what conditions I can get extension because I want to travel around Europe and mainly I would be staying in Copenhagen . Kindly guide

You can't stay in Denmark like that. You must find a work contract to have a visa. Your permesso is only to live in Italy (you can travel in Schengen area but not to live and to work outside of Italy).

But how long I can stay after the expiration of my permisso ?

On what condition i can stay 60 days after the expiration ?

Why do you want to stay after expiration? Denmark doesn't kidd with legality. It's a country very strict and conservative.

Cara Lawyer, I have been working every summer in southern Italy conducting research for six years. I have brought students here both from the U,S, and Iran. I have found one colleague who has been of great help in my research. This year in particular we have begun a project that requires that she assist me in the collection of data from a network of sites throughout the Fall, Winter and Spring. She has gotten three visas during the last four years.  Her visas have been:
Year   Type Remarks  Re-entry    Duration           
2014     C    Studio      multiple     41 days
2015     C    Turismo   multiple     61 days
2017     C     Studio     multiple     69 days

This year because of our research we were advised that she should apply for a permesso di sorggiorno. So she did. She filled out all the forms, Gathered documents recording her participation in the research project, including published papers, presentations at meetings, and poster sessions. She got an appointment for the permesso this week. We went and suddenly she was told that her visa does not qualify her for a permesso. No one along the way told her anything about this. She assumed that her visa was a student visa because of the "Studio". No where online was there any indication on any websites of what kind of visa is required to be able to acquire a permesso. What is the actual law. She now has to go back to her home country where she has to deal with a group of women who work at the Italian Embassy who are anything, but helpful.

By the way, due to the election of Trump, there is no more funding in my field of research so I have seriously applied for several opportunities in Europe...both France and Germany. But Italy is my favored area, because I can actually make a contribution to the lives of the people of southern Italy.

Thanks for your answer. Grazie mille!

How to get police certificate? I lived there in Genoa for over one year and now residing in UK. I do have the valid permesso. Also how much it costs ?

How much costs what? What about do you speak?

STEFFIFI wrote:

They are talking about a police certificate, I think you missed that :)

pewigand01 wrote:

No where online was there any indication on any websites of what kind of visa is required to be able to acquire a permesso. What is the actual law.

You must have a D (long-stay) category visa.  C, which you indicated is for short-stay categories.

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

romaniac wrote:
STEFFIFI wrote:

No, I saw but I don't understand what is a police certificate :)

STEFFIFI wrote:
romaniac wrote:
STEFFIFI wrote:

It's a certificate declaring the whether the individual has a criminal file on record or not.

romaniac wrote:
STEFFIFI wrote:
romaniac wrote:

It's a certificate declaring the whether the individual has a criminal file on record or not.

Ah yes!!! Of course!!! I'm stupid :D

ciao Marco, I passed by your advice and it is very useful so thank you very much. how should be the process if I have a permesso per studio and I want to convert it to per lavoro? also is there any specification about the contract type? what id I have 2 or 3 months contract but with a big organization?
Many thanks!

Hi my name is danish originally from pakistan amd i live in italy i have permesso di soggiorno sussidiaria for 5 years and i want to visit canada and i am applyng tourist visa online from canadian website for canada.... They are asking my status in italy on that website i dont know what should i write (protected person) or (refugee claimant) or (permanent resident)???   Please help me in this little question i dont want to do mistake.....
Thanks

@Danish

Please don't post your questions on multiple topics, once is enough.  Thanks

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

ciao! I have a question.
Can v travel outside Itlay for a holiday say about a week, but within Europe when we are on renewal for PDS? I am done with the appointment and waiting for my card to arrive.

aishwaryach wrote:

ciao! I have a question.
Can v travel outside Itlay for a holiday say about a week, but within Europe when we are on renewal for PDS? I am done with the appointment and waiting for my card to arrive.

No, you cannot.  You must wait until you receive your new permit.

Hi All,
I am in Italy since a year. I came from India with D Type entry Visa. I applied for Resident Permit (permiso de soggiorno) and application is still in progress due to various reasons.  If my current visa is over (before getting current permit)- can i apply for renewal ? if not – what should i do in such case ? please help. or how long i am allowed to stay here after expiry of entry visa and current permit is still in progress.

Thanks, Amit

Ciao Marco!
I have a question and I need your help per favore. I worked in italy until june 2012, I renewed my permesso di soggiorno before I went to the Philippines last 2012. I have my ricevutta and old permesso. I gone to the philippines because it's emergency my father was sick. Fortunately my father is now okay, and I want to come back to bologna italy now.  Is it possible that I can go back without any hassle or problem? Because i want to work again.
Grazie tanto per la risposta! Saluti