Today, National Hero's day

What are you doing and have done today on National Heroes Day? Enjoy sharing it! :top:

So far I've done devotion, checked my e-mail and other accounts. Later, I'll be going to shops or maybe malls to see what is on sale today. Kudos to those called Heroes or Bayani of Philippines. What about you? :)

I'm telecommuting. But I remember Rizal and other Filipino Heroes specially OFW's.

:) That is nice. Specially citing Rizal, Jose plus the OFW's. Keep up the good work. There are also others considered national heroes like Andres Bonifacio, Emilio Aguinaldo, our relatives from the previous generations (fathers and mothers) who also contributed to the growth and better position of the country. Personally I'll count Jesus as our national Heroe. For the reason that without His mission done as given by God in saving people from sin then the countries and the people could have drowned by it for the numerous unforgiven accounts.

I'll probably post a thought at religions/beliefs section tonight.

On the other hand I'll probably see an exhibit about National Heroes Day or the Heroes per say at one of the SM malls that I plan go to. :)

Azumi, is there "national heroes day" at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia?

Okay I went to an SM mall and on that day they still have the Ninoy Aquino pictures and his biography displayed nicely. He has done a lot for the country but what was considered as dying for our homeland could not have been true since Ninoy did not know if someone would attempt to assassinate him. He was just warned not to go back. There were no threats or rather faced a battalion of people against him. He came back as Ninoy purposely do so with the set of mind to help the country but as not mentioned helping in vain till death.

Any shared thoughts of this Pinoys/nays? Maybe we could talk about what we know of the national heroes in the Philippines. Let the expats who chose to live here get informed about such people who became noted for as Heroes in this country and given a day to remember them. Good morning to you all! :)

Bri-yen wrote:

Azumi, is there "national heroes day" at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia?

Yes, they have and they call it "Warriors' Day."

Every year on July 31 on Warriors' Day,
the Yang di-Pertuan Agong(the head of state of Malaysia),
the Prime Minister and heads of military and the police pay their respects to the fallen heroes by laying garlands at the "National Monument."

This monument is a sculpture that commemorates those who died in Malaysia's struggle for freedom, principally against the Japanese occupation during World War II and the Malayan Emergency, which lasted from 1948 until 1960. It is located in the Federal capital, Kuala Lumpur.

Interesting facts of history there from Malaysia. Thanks Azumi. I'm amused. :)