Heeeeelp!! advice needed once again (lol)

ok, so i have been very cautious with the agencies i have been in contact with, i have rejected those offering business visas because i need iqaamah to sponsor my son.

i currently have a choice between two agencies.

both are offering employment visas from the start.

the first is to work in Taif university... anyone have any info on this university? what is taif like, does anyone live there?

Taif is offering to pay me 2600 usd per month, and the usual accomodation, health care etc.

the second job is unwilling to disclose where they will place me, but they are offering 3000 usd per month with accomodation, health care etc..

i have contact the second and stated that i will not proceed till they confirm where they will place me.

should i just take the job in taif? how reasonable is $2600 dollars if i will be paying for my sons school?

my friend Legend and others who have been helpful before i look forward to your replies.

And here we are once again Sis! :D

Taif is a small town close to Mekkah. No very good schools or social life. I recall your concerns about boy's social and physical activities. Of course, that's very important for the persoanlity development. I'm afraid to suggest a 'No-Go' though in $2,600, life will be easy to manage in Taif (unless you are planning for a short time).

Please keep following up with the other employer. He has to tell you where he's going to place you. I don't see any good point is hiding this info for long.

Hi legend,

As always thank you for the reply.

I got a reply from the second employer this morning, he said I had a choice between Riyadh ad tabuk. I've heard tabuk is really tiny, deserted and hard to live in.

So I guess I'll be joining you guys in Riyadh provided this employer writes the city in the contract - I've read online that in the past this agency has shifted teachers between different cities. The pay with this company is 3000 usd a month, plus 400 usd for accommodation and 133 usd per month for transport - is that reasonable???

~13K SAR for a mother and son is not a bad number. The savings however will not be very good.

Will be glad to help in calculating cost of living.

It's always a good idea to agree on an average number for the sake of entering a new country and then look for improvements after some time.

id take no less than 4k a month personally
plus the usual healthcare, transportation to work, and housing

the legend please do , maybe you can inbox me possible costs etc, and where you think most of my spendings will go.

considering people have said one person can live on $100 a month i would assume two of us would spend $250 including little trips here and there.

i'm not sure what schools will cost, but then i know my sons father will help contribute to his schooling.

anyway , i would love to see your estimation on living costs for the two of us.. thank you in advance!!

freshlike sushi,

i've read many people writing about what they will personally except no less than, its subjective - our experiences are different and so are our drives.