Shipping Stuff from the UK

Wish to ship some stuff from the UK to Malta- USING A UK SHIPPER. Can anyone direct me to a good company there (IN THE UK.. i am shipping FROM the UK TO MALTA), and some info on how it really works (sea freight for heavy household stuff, price indicators and so on). Customs info - though this should not be a problem as everything is originating from the UK or withing the EU.

Thanks people :)

Very sad to see that either you have to buy the sub standard stuff they sell, of if you're lucky you find what you want, it's 2 or 3 times the price. Not sure how locals cope with their salaries!:(

There is a company called euro freight in Luqa that seem to be the best I have found

Julian

Hi Sportsman,
I'm curious to know why you are working through a Maltese shipper? We are using a UK shipper and they then use a company on the Maltese side to do the receiving paperwork and delivery of the contents to your house/flat.

it does tend to be expensive here for electricals, electronics etc and worse still they tend to sell them for top dollar and theyre not the latest models..more like obsolete models bought in cheaply sold expensively...but there are ways to defeat that....thank the big feller for the internet....

rooikat wrote:

Hi Sportsman,
I'm curious to know why you are working through a Maltese shipper? We are using a UK shipper and they then use a company on the Maltese side to do the receiving paperwork and delivery of the contents to your house/flat.

hey folks.

thanks for the heads up and feedback - apologies for any confusion, but yes, I NEED A UK SHIPPER as i am shipping FROM the UK TO Malta.

I tried to edit the page a couple of times and wouldn't budge but all sorted now.

So yes please, anyone who has used reliable ENGLISH shippers OUT of the UK to ship stuff TO Malta, let me know so I get in touch with them to get quotes, charges, and how it can be worked out. Shipping would really pay for itself if it will only cost even a couple of 100 quid!

Cheers

SportsMan

Not sure what you mean 'Shipping would really pay for itself if it will only cost even a couple of 100 quid!' It will cost you in the vicinity of £4000 for a 40 cubic ft container.

You will pay according to the container size, either a 20 cub. foot or 40 cub. foot.
If you only need 20cub then you will be sharing costs/space with someone else in a 40cub container. If you decide to pay for the full 40cub yourself it does not cost you double the size of a 20cub space. It works out at about 2/3rds.

We are using a shipping company based in London - in which area of the UK are your household goods? We did not ask the 'big' companies to quote as one is paying for the amount of advertising they do! Go online and check for smaller companies in your area and check their 'reputation'. Some of them allow you to input detail online to get an approximate quote but the answer doesn't make much sense for the amount of time it takes to fill in the whole form. Ask one of the companies online to visit and assess what size container your household goods will need.Once you have a ballpark figure then you can decide whether you want to call in another company to compare quotes and to compare their approach and professionalism.

When we came 8 weeks ago we used sevenseasworldwide you can find them on google.

We used a small and a medium movecube and it cost £990 in the UK and then 310 euro at the port. Hired a van from godwins and drove ourselves to go fetch from the port that was 70 euro.

It took 5 weeks from the cubes being picked up to them arriving at the port.

We didnt get any furniture into these as we got a fully furnished apartment, or we thought we did at the time, but thats another story lol

Hope that helps, if you need any more info ask away :)

Thanks everyone for your info. Really appreciated.

Hi,
I'm moving to Malta from North Lincolnshire in October. The shipping company we're using is Staples Shipping who are based in Altrincham. A friend of ours has used them loads for shipping stuff from Manchester so they come very highly recommended.
We've found their charges very reasonable and as they ship from Hull they collect from us on the way over from Manchester :-)

risse2353 wrote:

Hi,
I'm moving to Malta from North Lincolnshire in October. The shipping company we're using is Staples Shipping who are based in Altrincham. A friend of ours has used them loads for shipping stuff from Manchester so they come very highly recommended.
We've found their charges very reasonable and as they ship from Hull they collect from us on the way over from Manchester :-)

Thanks for the feedback and much appreciated - i will get in touch with them.

Try International Movers, we have a quote for a 20ft container 1100 cuft for just under £4,000 incl VAT.Pickfords quoted nearly £7,000.

Take as much as you can to fill the container as you will be paying for it anyhow.

God luck with your move

@f.magpie - That is really expensive... you can get much cheaper than that I have had a quote from a reputable Maltese company for Half that.

Have a real look around before you commit to the Container.

if you want some contacts here then let us know.

Julian