Study in university of auckland

I have completed my bachelor of commerce in india. i am planning to do my 1yr diploma course in auckland! please sugest me universities and what type of diploma course regarding management and accounting can i choose to get a qualified job in newzealand! :):)

Well this all depends on the type of visa you apply for. The after you complete your study, you'll need to apply for a new visa so that you can. Just remember the employment market isn't as great asit's been due to the economy. Don't expect a high end position, you'll probably find you'll end up in a position thats lower than your qualification. This is typical for many graduates.

If I was going to choose a university in Auckland, there are a few good ones.

Auckland University
Auckland University of Technology
Massey University

thank you! glad you replied! what do you suggest a university in newzealand or a polytechnic?

[Moderated]

I think I personally would choose a university mainly for the credibility of the diploma that you'll receive. Also the standard of study is likely to be higher. The costs between the two aren't that different either. Polytechs are fine but they're more geared towards other forms of study not offered by the universities. They do offer some undergraduate and post graduate study options but only in limited disciplnes.

[Moderated: No free advertisement in the forum pls]

Universities do offer a more credible qualification in some regards. However, polytechnics also offer a high standard and seem to be more practical based rather than theory. They also seem to have some good programmes to help their graduates find work.

Hi HC_JIMMY,

Thank you for you input, this might surely help.

Please note that this thread is a year old. Please feel free to create a new topic on the Auckland forum for better visibility. :)

Regards,

David.

Which polytechnics are good in auckland ?