Black sheep of slovenia

Hi all   

Im from California, USA 
im currently in CELJE slovenia
I have seen much so far being here, I have went to Austria which I really liked. The culture here is so different, I only speak English  its been kind of hard to pick up on the slovenian language    Im 32 years old and I have tattoos    I think maybe im the only one here in this city that is a female and tatted down

right now im staying with my boyfriends mom and its been akward to say the leastš! she doesnt speak any english at all and I dont think she likes me at all...  she is really old fashion but she still accomadates me ... so strange

other than that  the land here is so beautiful and food is good
wishing i would find some friends that know english
im sick of being the only one not talking  lol     most people i have met here have been super nice but only know little bit of english  just phrases    well if u read this and ur in slovenia and want to email me  do so  [email protected]

Hi,

Sorry to hear that you are having a hard time getting adjusted. It was the same for me really. The first year I could not understand anything but its been two years and I have been constantly trying to improve with Slovene. It gets better but it takes time. If you are truly happy with your partner and want to stay then ask him to help you learn the basics or take a short course in Slovene. It will help. Wishing you lots of luck and you can always write to me if you need someone to chat with [email protected]

Regards,

Fellow expat Nadira