Hi to all...

Hi all,

Been in Kuwait for 3 months after spending the past 3 years in Dubai, Big change to what i am used to, but i like it!

I have noticed how important it is to make friends here, but it has got my out of my comfort zone, slowly i am making new friends.

Cheers,
Michael:cool:

welcome to Expat.com michael, how about an introduction about ur hobbies etc and we'll see what expat grouping most suits ur liking :)

Hey Legacy,

Thanks for the welcome!

My interests are,

Movies
Shopping
Eating
Gym
Relaxing by the pool

I am off to the Al Corniche Club this morning to check it out. I have been training at the platinum gym in kaifan for the past two months. Great gym but not really many expat members, so its kind of hard to make friends there.

Cheers,
Michael

you'll find gyms are a tough place to break the ice as most people are there to break sweat, u know what i mean?

try to find groups that partake in outdoor activities, like runners or cyclists, those are uber friendly people. they are not as likely to rip off your head in a fit of roid-rage because you dared speak to them as they admired their physique.

Good morning :)

Yeah I noticed there are a lot people with very small heads and a thousand yard stare! They make me giggle.....

I decided to stay at platinum, but moved to the sea front gym as I get a good deal there.

I also had a look around yesterday for a good cafe. I am looking for a cafe that I could go to regularly, sit there have a coffee and surf the internet. A substitute for a pub, couple cups of coffee, paper and a chat with whoever maybe up for a chat.

depends on your daily choice of poison :P do u crave the frappucino or is there another concoction that makes u go gaga?

i found that it is impossible to get a good cup of coffee at branded stores - i'm a highly intoxicated caffeine addict, and my itch can only be scratched with something Turkish, afterall, it is the turks who said coffee should be black as hell, strong as death and sweet as love.

As long as it is warm, with lots of caffeine and served with a smile i am happy :)

But i do love a good Turkish coffee!!

I am just looking for a good coffee shop, somewhere i can people watch and surf the internet, i just like the simple things in life :)

Second cup and the Columbus Cafe are pretty internet friendly :)

Welcome Mike to Kuwait

Cheers Moo!

welcome to kuwait...:cool:

Hi..... can we be friends???

Hello jeffy09 and welcome -> Could you please introduce yourself? :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Welcome to Kuwait Mike. I'm glad you like it. You're a step ahead of most people already. Have an open-mind and a positive attitude and you should be able to enjoy your time here.

Hi aurèlli
Im jefferson my friends use to call me jeffy
Im 25 y.o from philippines
I've been stayin here in kiwait for 10mos.
Im working in avenues as a sales associate in pottery barn teen.